Zegerid User Reviews

Zegerid - User Reviews

Zegerid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zegerid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 11

I, too, have tried many of the products out there and when I was diagnosed with Barretts Esophagus, which is 1 step before Esophagial cancer, I was given Zegrid. I was told I would be taking this for the rest of my life to prevent the full onset of cancer, so it is nice to know that there is something out here that works. I'm blessed that my doctor knew what I should take that would help instead of playing a guessing game with my health. I would recommend Zegrid to anyone with acid reflux, gerd, etc.

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: Katie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 08

I have acid-reflux and have been taking Prilosec for quite a few years with minimal results. I had problems at night mostly and particulary after eating something spicy or acidy(such as tomatoes, vinegar etc.)I had gone to my doctor inquiring about an endoscopy to see if I had any errosions in my esophagus. She referred me to a gastroenterologist who did the test. He told me that I had a hiatal hernia which can add to the reflux. I told him that I was having to use any type of antacid I could get my hands on several times a day and at night. He prescribed Zegerid for me and the problem has all but gone away. I do still on occasion have to use an antacid but, no where near the amount I was using before Zegerid. I have not had any adverse effects at this time. I have been on it since late February. The main things that give me problems are the acidy and spicy foods but, I usually only have to take one dose of the antacid in this case and the problems goes away. This is the best thing I have ever used for my reflux. I use the 40mg capsules. My insurance does pay and there is a printable $30.00 off coupon on the offical Zegerid website which helps too. My doctor sent me 12 of them plus I can print more. The coupons expire on the 31st of December this year but, my doctor says he thinks the company may reinstate the coupon for next year. With this coupon and my insurance, I only pay $5.00 per month for my prescription of Zegerid.

Related Reading: hiatal hernia

Comment from: nancyw919@AOL.com, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 12

I HAVE ULCERATIVE COLITIS ALONG WITH WITH A NUMBER OF OTHER MEDICAL ISSUES. I CAN'T TAKE VERY LITTLE FOR ARTHRITIS BECUASE OF G.I. TRACT. I WAS A "BELLY OF FIRE" EVERYTIME I EAT ANYTHING. THREE DAYS ON ZEGERID AND I HAVE AN AWFUL LOT OF RELIEF!! I HAD PIZZA FOR DINNER TONIGHT. I WAS DIAGNOIZED WITH KIDNEY STONES THAT WAS CAUSING THE 'BELLY OF FIRE!". I HAVE HAD ONE OF THREE TESTS TO SEE HOW TO MANAGE KIDNEY STONES. SCHEDULED FOR THE OTHER TWO. KIDNEY STONES RUN IN FAMILY. (MOTHER AND 2 BROTHERS) BROTHERS BOTH HAD TO HAVE THEIR STONES CRUSHED. WE HAVE TO TAKE ALL PRECAUTION TO KEEP MY ULCERATIVE COLITIS FROM BLEEDING. I HAVE STAYED OUT OF SURGERY AND A BAG SINCE 1994. I would recommend Zegerid (under doctor's care) for any one The dr. can tell if it's right for you. I have had a little dizzness and drowsy, but otherwise relief!

Comment from: back in hell, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 03

i am a 26 year old female i just started having this problem about three months ago i tried almost everything this was the only thing that worked my dr gave me samples but did not include a interaction insert this med interacted with my zoloft i do not reccomend this to anyone taking benzos it really messed me up now i am sain but have bad reflux u decide

Related Reading: zoloft

Comment from: June4, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 01

I have taken the powder which has an immediate effect. There have been times when I've had extreme discomfort and within one minute after taking Zegerid it totally went away as if nothing ever happened. In my opinion, Zegerid is a miracle drug.

Comment from: wtcrew73, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 04

i have been on zegerid for about a year at first i thought i had found my help me drug, but now i am in the hospital for chest pains and had a gi done and now have gastritis and migraines so i guess it is not for me now i have read some of the other reviews and i agree with most people the chest pain is so great that i want to just cry i also have heart palipation that scared the heck out of me so i also had a eeg done it is so so now i am on different meds so we will see

Related Reading: chest pain

Comment from: Tom, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 22

The only heartburn medicine that ALWAYS works, almost instantly. It is expensive. I use it before going to sleep or if I awake with that nasty taste of acid coming up into the back of throat. This is best GERD medicine of all!

GI Disorders