Zegerid User Reviews

Zegerid - User Reviews

Zegerid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zegerid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 17

Works as well as Previsaid. Doctor instructed me to take beano and gas-x together to get over the gas attacks.

Comment from: MissKitty, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 23

I was taking Prevacid and then the doctor tried Protonix. I was bloated and felt nauseated and after having the scope the doctor found out I had two ulcers. He changed my meds to Zegerid and it works great. No more burning in my chest and the bloating and nausea are much better.

Related Reading: Prevacid | Protonix

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 06

My GI doctor prescribed this as an answer to my abdominal discomfort. My symptoms included: semi-frequent acid reflux, bloating, shortness of breath (because of the bloating), and general discomfort in the epigastric region (may or may not be an ulcer - hasn't been ruled out yet). The pills lessened the bloating and eased all the other symptoms within hours of taking the first pill. The only side effect I've experienced thus far has been headaches, which are totally tolerable in comparison to the discomfort I was in before taking the medication. If you have the same or similar symptoms, I'd say it's at least worth a try since everyone reacts differently.

Comment from: Mimi, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 29

Be very careful not to take to much of the Zegerid. My pharamists told me to make sure it is taken 12 hrs apart. I was taking it to much and it was reducing to much acid in my stomach and I was getting bacterial pneumonia every other month because there was not enough acid left in my stomach to kill the bacteria. Results: acid reflex at night (DO NOT lay flat) and the bacteria would wash up into my lungs. Thus causing bacterial pneumonia. The Zegerid does help alot but try to get by on one a day. I learned more talking to my pharmacist than my doctor who gave me NO information as to overdosing on this stuff. After a few months your system has enough build up that one should do the trick. Those of you with side effects may be taking to much.

Related Reading: pneumonia

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 12

I went to the doctor for some issues concerning my heart. I mentioned I took Zantac 150 for heartburn and indigestion, so he prescribed Zegerid. Taking Zantac completely eliminated all signs and symptoms of my GERD, but I was still having chest pain. On the Zegerid, I am very tired, dizzy and have been violently throwing up. Also, I would like to note someone's symptom of hair loss: That is most likely due to an eating disorder which caused the esophageal damage in the first place.

Related Reading: Zantac | indigestion | hair loss

Comment from: Illinois, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 27

I have been on this medication for 3 days. The very first day I noticed a huge difference plus you only take it once per day. My coughing is 95% gone so I think in a few more days I'll be great again. I'm 47 yrs old and for 3 months have been choking and coughing constantly during the day and at night. This followed a surgery so I thought it was tied with the anathesia tube. I never have heartburn (which I have found is happens sometimes). Try this medication--its worth it.

Comment from: scw58, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 21

This medication has been the most successful I have taken for GERD. I have a severe problem with GERD and the relieve that this medication affords me is absolutely wonderful. I would highly recommend it.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 20

I used to have acid reflux problems several times a day and I found Zegerid to be very effective. It helped relieve my symptoms within the first few days of taking it. However, the pill is rather large and not the most comfortable thing to swallow. Overall I am extremely satisfied.

Comment from: webmed, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 13

I had used this medication and I had an alergic reaction, the thong got swolen and I had to take benadryl. Call the dr and they took me of the medicament. I almost chocked with this meds. Very dangerous reaction.

Related Reading: benadryl

Comment from: diaferia@aol.com, on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 28

Gas,swelling of ankles and legs,hair falling out.

GI Disorders