Apidra User Reviews

Apidra - User Reviews

Apidra User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Apidra sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Coswewan2, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 21

Although I had a period of adjustment during the first 3 weeks of using Apidra, I love it. I am on less insulin than previously. My duration of action is 3 hours and it was 4 hours BUT the uptake of insulin is greater in the first hour when you need it for rice and odd things like that. I love it. Thanks

Related Reading: Apidra

Comment from: cueball915, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 27

I have been a type 1 for 20 years and have been on many insulins but apidra rocks it works the best

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 07

I am a type 2 diabetic "pumper" and am insulin resistant. I have been on a pump for five years and thought all my troubles controlling my diabetes where in the past. But I became very resistant to the Novolog insulin I was using. My endocronologist tried me on this insulin - I had never heard of it. Within one week I was seeing a big difference in my BG numbers without changing the amount of insulin my pump was programed for and am actually seeing some low BG numbers. I had given up thinking I was doing something wrong with my control, but it wasn't me! What a boost for my self esteem! Thank you Apidra!

Related Reading: diabetes | Novolog

Comment from: Huntress, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 02

I have also recently switched to Apidra (6 weeks) and the results have been amazing. This insulin is great. It seems to be more effective and I am using it permanently now.

Comment from: hairypotter52, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 19

takes at least 30 minutes to 60 minutes to act. Don't know if I will stay on it after my next Dr. visit and HGA1C results.

Comment from: CRABBO71, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 06

I HAVE BEEN A DIABETIC FOR YEARS AND WAS ON HUMULIN 70/30 AFTER GETTING OFF ACTOSE MY INSULIN NEEDS GREW.. MY DR. PUT ME ON LVEMIR AND APIDRA..THE LEVEMIR DOES NOT WORK BUT THE APIDRA DOES,,ALTHO I AM STILL TRYING IT OUT TO SEE HOW MUCH I NEED...

Related Reading: LEVEMIR

Comment from: jpgolfer, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 19

What is the half life of Apidra? Haven't found it, yet.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 22

I wish there was and easier way to use this insulin other than injection but otherwise it has minimal side effects.

Diabetes