Zemplar Capsules User Reviews

Zemplar Capsules - User Reviews

Zemplar Capsules User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zemplar Capsules sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: vlucero, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 29

I was given this drug for kidney problems, I am also a diabetic and have had heart surgery. Upon taking my first 5 tablets my blood pressure dropped to a very low rate - 74/42 and would not improve over several weeks. My RX was a one month trial, I stopped just before having knee surgery, recommended by my surgeon and health care provider. I did not resume my RX and it has taken me 2 months to regulate my blood pressure back to my average of 120/62.

Comment from: NanaHwashere@aol.com, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 25

Been taking this Medication for 2 months very dissatisfied with effects/results!! Extreme (body) pain,pronounced nausea , lethargic ,&(ect). Waiting for this medicine to "....get out of my system !!?!!" (to quote). :(

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 11

Too expensive ($232.00 for 30 pills)

Comment from: avalmonte, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 21

Does this medication make you gain weight, Even with excercise?

Comment from: mariodelaplata@gmail.com, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 28

I live in Costa Rica now and they do not have Zemplar here. What is the name of the substitute I can use?

Related Reading: Zemplar

Comment from: rose, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 04

I have been taken this drud since May 2009 and my bloodtests have not changed. I am not sure if it works. Very expensive with little result in my opinion.

Comment from: vingin, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 08

i developed hives when itook it every day

Related Reading: hives

Published: December 04

I really don't know how this medication will work on me. I have only taken 5 capsules so far. I am just concerned if this will interact with my diabetes medication and insulin

Related Reading: diabetes

Comment from: eilpeet@yahoo.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 25

Originally started with 3xweek and because of recent kidney blood tests have been up'd to once every day. I am in hopes this will help my next blood tests.

Comment from: Norbob, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 05

Have been on for over 6 months and my intact pth are now in a normal range. It's very difficult though, to find an OTC vitamin without vitamin D. Any suggestions?

Comment from: mainframetech, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 15

I have Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) and my vitamin D level went down as it does with CKD. One doctor prescribed Zemplar at a very high cost to improve my vitamin D level. I looked up the drug and didn't like the cost or side effects, so I saw my GP and he agfreed that I could substitute regular vitamin D (D3) for the zemplar. After looking at my lab results we setled on 3- 400 i.u. pills daily, which brought my D level up to exactly the right amount. Many precribed medications have safer alternatives such as Omega-3 in place of Plavix and so on. Check with your doctor, but learn everything you can and don't depend on an unknown doctor to know enough. Remember, 100,000 deaths in hospitals are attributed to medical errors. Good Luck.

Related Reading: Plavix

Comment from: sandy, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 11

i feel fussy headed, diarrhea, more depressed

Related Reading: diarrhea