Zenpep User Reviews

Zenpep - User Reviews

Zenpep User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zenpep sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 13

my husband was just diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis and since he has had to take this medication it seems to work for him but it is very hard to get. my husband has no insurance and this medication costs over $80 for 100 pills. he is suposed to take 4 pills 4 times a day. we can't afford this. if anyone has any suggestions on how to get help with this i would greatly appreciate it.

Related Reading: pancreatitis

Comment from: MikeD, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 28

I was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis stemming from pseudocysts. It resulted in me having surgery due to the fact that one of 2 cysts were aggravating the main vein flowing through abdomen. I had spleen removed and part of my pancreas. I was taking zenpep about a month before surgery and still 6 months later am taking it. From my experience, it has done its job as I am able to eat low in fat content as well as higher fat foods once in a while. No side effects (knock on wood) so far and I would recommend. It is very pricey, with insurance, it still cost me $200 for 4 bottles of 200 pills each bottle. Costly, but worth no pain and good health.

Related Reading: cysts | zenpep

Comment from: Debby, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 31

My diagnsis was acute pancreatitis and acute gastrtis,with pancreat cyst/pseudocyst.also a blockage of a gall stone.I had the gall bladder removed,but I was still very sick.My MD said my stomach and pancreat and part of my liver and kidneys look like some poured battery acid all over my organs.I stayed in the hospital for two months.I could only have Ice chips,he said I had to let my pancreatis rest.I started taking Zenpep DR 10,000 units capsules 3 times a day with food or snack.it really help me with breaking down what ever I ate,which was not much.Zenpep has worked for me, I did not have any side effects from it,I am waiting now for my new CT scan report.I am in hopes that this time we can see some inprovement.I have never been so sick in my life.I am on mostly liguid diet.I stay very weak all the time,as of now I have lost almost 100 pds.I recumend Zenpep, for it has really helped me thru this illness.best wishes to all who have this illness.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: Juzme, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 04

Not hav an official diagnosis yet but my doc prescribed these for me and they r helping greatly. I hav symptoms of extreme nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, pain in right side travels to the back, fatigue and short of breath after eating also pains throughout stomach like in intestines and get sharp pains. still undergoing tests. Gallbladder gone several yrs ago but if I still had it I'd say it's it! Actually didn't get this I'll when that went bad but very simular.

Related Reading: diarrhea | constipation | fatigue

Comment from: karen makinson, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 18

i still have pain in abdmoen

Comment from: glendola, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 25

I have been taking this medication for two months for chronic pancreatitis and haven't exhibited any positive results. I am taking it in the hopes of gaining weight, but I haven't gained an ounce. Will keep taking it to see if anything changes.

Comment from: Chris in Kentucky, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 03

Doc prescribed this for pancreatic failure.I was taking ultrase mt20(since 2007) but it is no longer available. He did not talk of fibrosing colon from overdosing but zenpep.com did. No severe pains but life with chronic pancreas disease still has ups and downs. This medicine took time for my body to adjust to{more than a month}. The diabetes is still the main obstacle to overcome for now. I have not been able to stop taking lipase(zenpep) with meals as pancreatic and abdominal pain does occur. I hope this helps someone else with pancrease trouble. p.s. I discovered my condition after an attack following a roast beef sandwich-- beef is hard to digest as well as some spices.

Related Reading: ultrase | diabetes | abdominal pain