Zestoretic User Reviews

Zestoretic - User Reviews

Zestoretic User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zestoretic sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: kountrysu@aol.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 16

I have been on zesroretic for yr's and my bloodpressure is really been good Only complaint is that I am always so tired My doseage is 10-12.5mgtab

Comment from: steveinhamlet, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 08

My dr. tried 2 other drugs(Norvasc and Bennicar) before this one and neither helped my High Blood pressure. My BP now runs between 112/73 and 125/75. I'm Happy and so is my dr. :)

Related Reading: Norvasc | High Blood pressure

Comment from: Patient PhD, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 06

I currently take Zestoretic in combination with Verelan PM for high blood pressure. This has been an effective combination of medications for my hpertension for nearly five years now. No major side effects so far, but I have to plan my mornings carefully since it does make me urinate more often than usual shortly after taking it. Generally, if I take this medicine when I wake up, before leaving for work, my bathroom routine returns to normal by noon or so.

Related Reading: Zestoretic | Verelan PM

Comment from: SILVERANGEL, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 06

My doctor had me on blood pressure medicine for 3 years, and because my BP would go up, he would prescriibe a higher dose. Then the 1st of this year, 2007 I got the new doctor, and right away he changed me to ZESTORIC & VIOLA! My BP has been normal for the past 10 months! So, I love it! Thanks to the company & people who make this great medication! & Thank you, Dr. David ~ PATTI M

Comment from: sakorox, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 07

I am 26 and had moderately severe hypertension (190/110) and it was really affecting my anxiety... when my blood pressure went up, so did my anxiety. After numerous trials with other BP meds, I was put on this combo. I am taking the 10-12.5 dosage. Worst side effect for me is tingling of my hands and sometimes feet. My hands seem to fall asleep in any position above my heart after 10 seconds or so. It's pretty annoying, especially when just laying around. BP and hear rate are completely normal, however!

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: noelvm, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 12

The original version of this drug without the mix was made by Merck 20 years ago. It was hawked as a bp drug with no side effects. They were right. It lowered my bp and had none of the usual male side effects of ED and being tired all the time. Everything worked fine. Once the generic came out lots of people started to switch to it because it was cheaper. I, and many others found that the generic made me tired and the original did not. There are several cases where individuals sued their HMO to get the original. I just pay the extra. It's much cheaper than it use to be, especially if you use a Canadian Pharmacy. My doseage has gone up and the doc added the dual version pill with hydrochlorothiazide which is just a water pill additive and it still works fine. I'm now 65 and my bp is 130 over 80. I've been on it a long time and I'm doing fine, but I don't on the generic version and never have. noelvm

Comment from: din, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 13

I have been on zestoretic 20mg for a month now and I have not seen an improvement. My blood pressure is still high 160/110. I suffer from terrible side effects such as headache, dizzy spells and insomnia. I am thinking of switching to amlodipine.

Related Reading: headache | insomnia

Comment from: spanisheyez, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 01

Constant coughing to the point of vomiting

Comment from: jajohnston@sbcglobal.net, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 22

The problem is that pharmacies keep changing manufacturers and each new one makes the drug appear different. For example, the manufacturer that I last used was Lupin Limited which I found out was located in India, which really blew my mind. NOw it has changed, mostly because I changed pharmacies to the manufacturer, Watson and I have no idea where they are located. Lupin Ltd. put their tablets in a child-proof plastic sleeve which was somewhat safer but more difficult to get the tablets out. Those tablets have, for the past 10 years been a yellowish brown color. These new tablets made by WAtson are blue. Same strength. This is extremely confusing to people, especially older people. There should be some consistency in drugs, especially the color.