Zestril User Reviews

Zestril - User Reviews

Zestril User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zestril sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: nsperlman@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 06

The medication was successful within a matter of days in bringing my blood pressure down to even slightly below normal range (100-120 for upper number and 60-80 for lower number). However it has caused a persistant dry cough that is making me crazy and seriously disrupting my sleep. My doctor changed me to another medication 2 days ago and I just found out it is going to take 4-6 weeks to get rid of the cough! So watch out for that. My doctor didn't mention it as a side effect so I had no idea what was causing it.

Related Reading: cough | sleep

Comment from: Apache , 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 05

High Blood pressure since I was 13. Best drug yet out of many,many drugs. I am 67 now.Question ? what is the long term effect of taking B/P medications this long ?

Related Reading: High Blood pressure

Comment from: Lee, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 10

I been geting a dry chough from this drug.

Comment from: Cat, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: July 21

Just a warning on a side effect. This drug can cause swelling, usually lips but can be severe enough to stop the breathing. The swelling caused 2 ER visits for my spouse before a nurse recognized the reaction was to the drug. This happened after 10+ years on the drug and the episodes were almost a year apart so not easy to diagnose as a reaction to the drug. There is lots of literature on this if you search.

Comment from: VikingOwen, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 14

My headache I get from this stuff is constant and pretty severe. It is difficult for me to concentrate on anything. The dry cough is also annoying. It has lowered my blodd pressure, but not significantly only about 10 points. I don't care how well it works, it is debilitating and keeping me from living my life. ZESTRIL SUCKS.

Related Reading: headache | ZESTRIL

Comment from: Lucy, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 30

If you notice any joint pain or the beginnings of a rash once you begin this medication, discontinue and call your doctor immediately. Allergic reactions are rare but severe. When they say giant hives, they mean giant!

Related Reading: rash | hives

Comment from: Don, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 21

I have no side effects with this drug.

Comment from: kirby27, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 21

I am a 50 year old male and recently was told I had high blood pressure 190/100. They put me on hydrochlorot and that didn't work so they added zestril. I take 20 mg. The drug has worked wonders in lowering my blood pressure 124/79 or there abouts. The only draw back is the dry hacking caugh. It is worse when I go to bed. In fact I have to get up and sleep on the cough because it keeps the wife awake. I called the doctor today to see it she could put me on a non ACE Inhibitor blood pressure drug as that is the reason for the caugh.

Comment from: Sherry B., 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 13

Have been on this med for 12 yrs. with no problems. Switched to Lisinopril because it was cheaper by far. (My Zestril had gone up, and Insurance cut back). I will be going back to Zestril immediately. I feel lousy on Lisinopril. Have been on it 2 weeks, am light headed, spacey, not focused, have unusual knee pain, feel sleepy. I actually got a speeding ticket! Haven't had one for 40 yrs.! Just wasn't focused on my driving....that's dangerous. I'm going back to Zestril...pronto! So far, my blood pressure is not as low on Lisinopril as it was on Zestril. Zestril does a better job for me.

Related Reading: knee pain