Zestril User Reviews

Zestril - User Reviews

Zestril User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zestril sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 08

Caused a bad dry cough

Comment from: thmabz, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 24

I have a very slow heart beat and so this was the only drug that worked on my HBP without slowing my heart down to where I couldn't even walk. So I have recently recommended it to a friend that was having trouble with her medication. But I am glad that I read these reviews so I can warn her if she starts having any of the side effects I read about here.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 25

I have had no side effects with this medication. It is very effective if you take it correctly.

Comment from: drowsy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 25

Best drug in the world. From end stage total heart failure caused by malignant hypertension BP 240/160 to perfect control and good health 11 years later. The cough goes away in a month. Stick w. it, it mixes well w. all other drugs and you can still drink heavily once a week w/out problems. If you get postural hypotension and dizzy spells taking this w. other drugs quit the other drugs first.

Related Reading: heart failure

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 30

Gave me headaches,got cough and cold symtems.Eyes turn red.

Comment from: will, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 17

chronic cough

Comment from: sherbear5964, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 23

I don't like taking medicine but finding out I had to lower my blood pressure I was happy to not have much of a side effect taking this one.Highly recommended my blood pressure is normal again nad its been a week when I started taking the medicine.

Comment from: drkerry09, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 22

On my 3rd day of taking this RX....I would hardly get out of bed..BP..dropped to 90/40 extreme fatigue..nausea lasted for about 12 hours until it wore off. Felt horrible.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 11

dry hacking cough,no info given advising of this side effect

Comment from: KarenVH, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 05

I have been on 10 mg for 1 year now. I have noticed my hair thinning out, I have had no other side effects. The hair loss is getting worse daily.

Related Reading: hair loss

Comment from: MIZZA, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 21

I started this med in January everything was going wonderfully ,then around mid March I started coughing really bad, so my docter said it may be acid reflux and prescribed p-40, after a month on that the cough returned it was worse and I was worried ,turns out it was the Lisinipril.I am now off of it

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 14

feeling tired

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 08

Does wonders for my blood pressure.

Heart Health