Zetia User Reviews

Zetia - User Reviews

Zetia User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zetia sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: LEROY, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 21

MY TOTAL CHOLESTEROL WAS 252 AND MY LDL 179. AFTER TAKING ZETIA,FOR SOME TIME, MY TOTAL CHOLESTEROL DROPPED TO 176 AND MY LDL WENT TO 114. NO BAD SIDE EFFECTS ARE NOTICED AFTER THREE MONTHS OF USE.

Comment from: ladypeggy2001@yahoo.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 26

I have a big problem now with the calf muscles of my legs and my doctor suggests that I stop taking Zetia for awhile to see if this is my problem. I have been on Zetia for the past 6 years and I never heard of it giving leg problems like this. Please let me know if possible if you have any complaints like this.I hurt very badly. On a scale of 1-10, this is a 9. Please answer me soon if you can.

Comment from: Beeez, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 14

I had terrible muscle pain and weakness, especially in my legs. Could hardly walk or stand for more than a couple of minutes. Pain stopped the same day that I stopped using the Zetia.

Comment from: Niclo, Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 03

After 3 months use developed severe chest and stomach pains. All cardiac tests came back clean but severe inflamation of stomach was found by uppper GI probe. Discontinued use and stomach problem and resulting pains were resolved in a few days...

Comment from: None, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 05

I started taking Zetia about 1 year ago and my total cholesterol went from 260 to 176 with little change in diet. After 3 months I started getting rashes on different parts of my body. They finally went away after 6 months, then the muscle aches started and today I have severe muscle pain in my neck and shoulders. Muscle relaxers eliminate 95 % of the disconfort but my concern is the long term affects of this drug.

Comment from: Bonnie George, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 09

I started taking Zetia two months ago because I had to stop taking Zocor , because my liver was not good!This Zetia was awful!! I had joint pain, muscle aches,Dizziness!,DEPRESSION !!!,stomach pain, and feeling very tired-- all the time. I became very alarmed when I found on my e-mac , information Data about Zetia risks was not fully revealed.12-21-07 New York Times. And now more data,12-12-07 New York Times;Trial of Cholesterol Drug Gets House Scrutiny! It seems a Congressional committee is investigating MERCK and Schering-Plough for their handling of a critical clinical trial of Zetia,their blockbuster Cholesterol-lowering drug. etc. Again, the DRUG companies , it seems, are not telling the truth to our doctors, and their patients. This has to CHANGED!

Related Reading: Zocor | liver

Comment from: murphdo, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 21

It was horrible. Within a week or two of being on it I was getting the most incredibly painful cramps in my leg & foot muscles that I would cry. My big toe litterally snapped down and I could not relieve the pain. I stopped taking it. My doctor did not think that the cramps were caused by zetia, but as soon as I stopped taking it the cramps stopped. Now that I've heard that they don't even know if its effective, I'm glad I'm off. Trying everything I can to bring my numbers down naturally with supplements.

Comment from: Harriett, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 03

I don't know yet if my cholesterol is down yet as I have only been on Zetia for 2 weeks but my body hurts, muscles, back, joints, along with terrible gas and bloating. I have no energy. I have been a runner for 18 years and cannot find the energy to run. I also work out twice a week. My son commented on the fact that I was breathing so hard just climbing the stairs at home. I am not overweight and am in pretty good shape but I think I'm giving up on all the cholesterol medications. Tried Liptor (felt terrible), Zocor (did not lower below 200), Vytorin lowered everything but bones hurt badly. Welchol (terrible gas and bloating). Quality vs. Quantity?

Related Reading: Vytorin | Welchol

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 03

MD had me on a series of drugs to lower my cholesterol over the last few years including Lipitor and Crestor. Each became ineffective or adverse. MD started me on Zetia. Within 4 days I felt like a horse had kicked me in the chest. Went to MD and he said to discontinue Zetia and I would get better over the next 5 days or so. Extreme pain followed the next morning. Trip to ER indicated my gall bladder was chronic and because of a stone blockage and I had life threatening pancreatitis. Gall bladder was removed on an emergency basis. Crestor had a similar but lesser effect 2 years before, but the MD's did not diagnose it as related. I would avoid Zetia. It nearly killed me. I was 57, strong, and healthy. This was two years ago.

Related Reading: Lipitor | Crestor | pancreatitis

Cholesterol Management

Tips to keep it under control.