Zetia User Reviews

Zetia - User Reviews

Zetia User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zetia sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Shalee, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 26

I cannot take statins so Dr. put me on Zetia. Level was 240, now after a year it is 220. Lousy HDL and LDL, both worse. Lower leg pains and recently vision problems. So tired, alergy symptoms similar to stuffy nose and throat irritation causing frequent coughing. I am considering going off for 2 - 3 weeks to see if symptoms go away. If so, I'll be off this med.

Related Reading: statins

Comment from: islandlab, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 09

I have tried lipitor, zocor, leschol, all cause extreme muscle cramping. Zetia doesn't, so I have stayed on it longer; however, I am experiencing low iron and ferritin levels, is it possible that the zetia as it blocks absorption of cholesterol also blocks iron? I am extremely tired all the time, my LDL came down but I also take Omacor (Omega 3 fatty acid) with it. I would love to hear from others.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 05

Terrible indigestion, heart pain, shortness of breath. Took for a short time to lower cholesterol levels. Had to stop taking it for side affects.

Related Reading: indigestion

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 30

I was taking this medication for about six months. I started to have severe chest pain, but it would go away. After the second day, the pain was worse, and traveled to my back and jaw. As a medic, I know the signs of a heart attack. I stopped taking the medication immediately. I still have soreness in my chest, but, the pain stopped. I believe there is no safe cholesterol medication.

Related Reading: chest pain | heart attack

Comment from: JD, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 01

I take a combination of Simvastatin and Zetia and now regret it even though it appears to have dramatically lowered my cholestrol level. The muscular pain, muscle spasms, joint pain, restless leg syndrome, mood swings, constant fatigue, weakness, constant bloated feeling, poor appetite, unexplained weight gain, tough to exercise, etc... has been overbearing for the last 6 months. Because this combination of meds had positive outcomes I never blamed the drugs....hell they were working according to my lab work. My high cholestrol was now under control. For the past 6 months I have been unable to move my arms when I wake up in the morning (I need to literally lift my right arm and shake it to get in functioning....sounds crazy!) I have not taken the meds in almost 48 hours and I am beginning to see some of the most acute, painful symptoms begin to fade. I will NOT take these again. My solution will have to be diet related since I already run 4 to 6 miles 4/5 times a week (and this has been no easy feat considering the pains that I had to overcome). Never again!!!

Comment from: shelly, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 09

OH MY GOD !!! i just started taking this i almost feel like im dying when i get dizzy! it takes forever to stop it too ! i just hope it stops ! so i can get my levels down b/c my doc tells me its a great pill b/c it does not harm your liver like most pills do. I work at a hosptial with a lot of docs and they say it is good but everyones different people have different side eff.

Comment from: pj, 65-74 (Patient) Published: February 25

severe muscle cramps, muscle weakness,hard to stand up after sitting, spending lots of time in pain management for muscle and joint pain. have taken other statins with same results. symtoms came on more slowly with Zetia. Stopped Zetia two weeks ago and am hoping to get my strength back. Doctor kept insisting I take this even though I told him what I thought it was doing. Quit taking on my own several times only to have my dr. insist I keep taking it. Decided I would rather die of heart attack than live like this.

Related Reading: muscle cramps | pain management

Comment from: anon, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 14

Was on this drug for a few years before I started to have pancreas "issues" with me losing 30 pounds in a month.. had to take enzymes with food.. suddenly I wasn't able to reorder the drug through insurance... then I saw studies released on the news about the coverup of pancreas issues with this drug. This Drug as far as I know is not approved in Canada. Have been off the drug changed lifestyle when it happened and now I might be coming off the enzymes... as I'm not sure but it might have repaired (luckily?) I was lucky and heeded the early warning signs of a problem when I had pains and weightloss. Before this happened and before discovering that it was likely this drug that caused my pancreas issues I thought it was GREAT and even recommended it by word of mouth.. now, I do not.

Comment from: LOU, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 17

I'm outta here folks with Zetia.With all the bad side effects I'm having,ain't gonna take a drug that makes you feel this bad.That's insane people !Get a bag of blueberries :-)

Cholesterol Management

Tips to keep it under control.