Ziac User Reviews

Ziac - User Reviews

Ziac User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ziac sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: smokeyjoe, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 20

I was put on this medication a week after my husband passed away after 7 years of illness. I was left on this drug for 11 years when I took myself off it. After 5 years, I developed severe skin irritations and kidney infections. After 11 years, i developed swelling in my feet and legs, bruising, difficulty breathing, and thought I was developing congestive heart failure. After I took myself off the medication, I have felt wonderful. I moniter my own blood pressure.

Related Reading: congestive heart failure

Comment from: smokeyjoe77868, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 06

I was on this medication for 11 years. After 5 years, I developed sever skin problems and kidney infections. After 11 years, I developed swelling in feet,legs, and hands, severe exhaustion, burised easily, irregular heartbeat and felt 90. Within 1 week after stopping the medication, everything had cleared up. I tried to tell 6 doctors that I felt the medication was causing my problems. No one listened. I did my own research and I made the decision to stop taking it. I did discuss this decision with my doctor.

Comment from: Nena, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 15

I have been taking the generic version of Ziac (Bisoprl/HCTZ Tab 10/6.25) for over 5 years now and my blood pressure runs high (144/92)on a regular basis. My doctor has never changed my dosage. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Related Reading: Ziac

Comment from: vivian, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 28

I have had arthritis like symptoms since I started ziac is this a common side effect? Also restless legs. Can you through some light on this.?

Related Reading: arthritis

Comment from: kathryn, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 01

I've only been on this drug for about 2 months and althought my BP seems to be controlled -I feel very tired and zapped of all energy. I'm only 53 years old and feel like an old woman with a heart condition. Also am urinating 20-30% more than usual, and feel very bloated. Will see my doctor and want to be taken off this med. I had been taking Lisinopril, but the ace inhibitor cough prevented me from staying on this. Would not recommend this drug unles you enjoy a state of pure exhaustion all day long.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: pcbeaver, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 06

I took ziac for l8 months.Blood pressure kept going higher.Pulse rate 56.Depressed, Pain in chest and back neck pain.Fatigue so bad that I felt like a weight was holding me down when I tried to get up. Doctor changed me to amlodipine-benzapril. Everything is much better now.

Related Reading: neck pain | Fatigue

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 30

I took a very low dose of the medication for about 5 years. Blood pressure was good entire time but side effects gradually got worse. Experienced extremely dry mouth, fatigue, cold hands and feet, restless legs, and headaches. Taken off the drug about two months ago and started feeling much better within a week of stopping. Still trying out medications to reduce blood pressure but the side effects of Ziac definitely outweighed the benefit for me.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: Michele , 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 26

This medication for me has brought my b/p down to where it is suppose to be. But i have to check my b/p often because sometimes it goes to low. And i have to skip a dose, which they say is not good to do. And sometimes my feet and hands get cold and somewhat tingly.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 03

Taken generic form since '03 and has kept BP under control. Hands and especially feet get colder than before. Wear socks to keep feet warm. Have had to increase fluids to combat "dry mouth". Have tried other drugs, to no effect. Very happy with results.