Ziana Gel User Reviews

Ziana Gel - User Reviews

Ziana Gel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ziana Gel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: pj, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 01

I am 33 years old and suffered from moderate acne especially around my chin, even after a cycle of accutane 10 years ago. I have been using Ziana for 1 1/2 years and have had one or two small pimples since. My skin is virtually perfect. I have tried everything over the last 20 years from oral antibiotics, retin a you name it. Ziana works for me. It took about one week for my skin to be pimple free. No major peeling, my skin did not get worse first, it was not hyper sensitive during use. The trick for me is to use a tiny tiny amount. Just a tiny drop for my entire face. Love thie medicine.

Related Reading: acne | accutane

Comment from: Casey , 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 25

Since I was 16 I have had problems with my skin, I never had severe acne, but always have had a pimple on my face or my skin just didn't feel smooth because my forehead had small whitehead bumps. I have combination skin so my skin can be very oily and dry at the same time. I Started this medication 8 weeks ago. week 1- clear glowing skin but very oily! week 2-3- a few large painful pimples, whiteheads back week 4-6 large pimples disappear but still have small whiteheads week 7- 8- super clear smooth skin. Its been 2 weeks of very clean skin, so it seems this medication is finally working great! Overall the "purging" period for me was not too bad, but be patient- this medicine does take at least 7 weeks to work. Now my skin looks so smooth and my pore size is reducing.

Comment from: pjkwis, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 07

While Ziana was effective at treating my acne, I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis within a year of usage - having no previous IBD symptoms. I researched and found that Ziana was a replacement for Accutane which was pulled from FDA approval for known IBD complications. I am sorry, but getting rid of my acne isn't worth having a chronic irritable bowel disease for the rest of my life!

Related Reading: ulcerative colitis

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 30

I have struggled with acne for over ten years. I am in my early thirties and have tried everything short of accutane. Ziana has cleared up my skin and given my skin a glow. My skin has never looked this radiant. I wash with cetaphil cleanser, use ziana at night, and inova benzoyl peroxide/salycilic acid wipes in the morning. My skin got worse at first, in the first two months of using the product. I know this is hard to go through, but it is worth it. Now my skin is so much better. It is much less red, and doesn't get irritated as easily. I have been on ziana for 4 months now

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 27

I have had perfect skin my whole life up until 6 months ago. My chin and mouth area broke out in horrible acne. I finally had ot breakdown go visit the dermatologist. She recommended Ziana and my skin started clearing up with a few days. It's been 2 months and no new acne. Just a few dark spots that hopefully with lighten. This medication had given me my confidence back.

Comment from: Lachelle, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 19

I've only been using Ziana for 2 weeks and have already seen improvement. I'm so happy with this product. I would recommend it to family and friends.

Published: July 30

PROS : after trying EVERYTHING this finally was the answer for the moderate acne i had.. it worked really well for me, i used it with a sulfur cleanser and i had beautiful skin by the first month and my pores were pretty much invisible.. looooved it ! BUT i continued using it for like..eight more months and it completely stopped working for me, and i went through a few months of toughing it out and i just now decided to go back to the derm who put me on a ton of different prescriptions to try to fix the problem CONS : stopped working for me after close to a year..and it smells like chicken OVERALL : it's worth a try. if it worked for me for a while it might work for you !

Comment from: yrehappy, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 24

I had never had a major break out so when like 15 bumps appeared on my forehead and chin i ran to the doctor to stop what ever was happening. He recommended Ziana gel along with solodyn. I was suggested to apply at night all over my face. On about the 6th day i was traveling and i woke up and areas of my face felt raw and sore... very concerned i stopped using my ziana and went online to see what others thought of the product. by the next day and after putting plenty of moisturizer the tender areas began to peel. I was afraid that Ziana had burned me and i was going to look worse than before i started, but within about 3 days everything was back to normal and a little better like as if i had a chemical peel. after a day or two more i noticed a few new small bumps starting to appear so i decided to start back with my Ziana every other day. I actually notice a glow again! The redness and tenderness never happened again. It totally keeps bumps at bay and now i use it every day. I feel it has somehow lessened the appearance of fine lines under my eyes. And I do not have not one bump right now.

Related Reading: Ziana gel | solodyn