Ziana Gel User Reviews

Ziana Gel - User Reviews

Ziana Gel User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ziana Gel sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Abbys, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 16

I had mild acne that was mostly a few small nose whiteheads and then that once a month terrible cystic zit that left scars. I use ziana once at night before I use moisturizer. I have also taken doxycycline 50mg once per say for acne purposes as well. This drug has worked great for my skin. I get none of that awful cystic stuff and only the occassional dirty pore or two.

Related Reading: scars

Published: November 04

After reading the reviews I understand why I was breaking out more after 2 weeks of usage. I used it at night and noticed my skin was worse than before it was flaky and I had even more acne. Hopefully it will get better but so far it has been a disappointing experience.

Comment from: darla, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 11

I have suffered from acne for over 10 years now. I began using ziana along with doxcycline at first I was so satisfied my face was clear and there was no evidence of having a problem. Now, though after been using the product for over six months all my conditions have returned just as before. I don't know if my skin became accustomed to the medication but it is no longer effective.

Comment from: Cole, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 12

I have been using Ziana for almost a year and I love it! I have tried Retin-A, Tazorac and Differin as well as Dorac pills. My acne has cleared up and I have not had as much dryness. I only use the Ziana about 2 to 3 times a week at bedtime (a pea sized amount after washing with Purpose, and follow with Neutrogena oil free moisturizer!). Also, a big tip, I change/flip my pillowcase nightly. Keeps from rolling around in a night full of facial oil!

Related Reading: Retin-A | Tazorac

Comment from: glorianj22, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 15

I have been using Ziana for about a year now and it has worked. I was able to see results about a month or two after use. I have been using it every morning. The dr had me on this regimen of Oscion cleanser to wash the my face, then apply Ziana to the effected areas and then Lustra to lighten my dark blemishes and finally a mosturizer with SPF 15 or 30. I love my results. I have tried other products and they just break me out worse. Just stick with the dr, you will not see fast results, give it time.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 21

I started using ziana and I was not completely satisfied, but my dermatologist also precribed me an oral anitbiotic, for pimples underneath the skin. The antibiotic is Myrac and I saw a tremendous improvement after about a month of using it. I hope this helps for anyone not completely satisfied with ziana!!!

Comment from: Mel, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 20

I've been using Ziana at night for the 1st week but the derma told me to use it in the morning instead. It's been 2 weeks now but I still don't see changes. I put moisturizer with sunblock after the Ziana. How do you use it Lachelle? Glad that it worked for you. :)

Comment from: Switchfoot101, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 19

I started using this after I went to the dermatologist and was given some samples. I began using it every day but started to break out and get dry skin. i gave it a 3 day break and then started again.... since then my face has cleared up SO much! I encourage anyone experiencing the side effects that I mentioned to give it a chance! It really works!

Related Reading: dry skin

Comment from: clari85, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 10

I have been using Ziana for a little over a week now. My skin has never been so bad!! It's like the medicine is drawing everything up from the very bowels of my skin. And it's not bringing up the typical small little acne bumps I'm used to..it's bringing up these deep cystic-like bumps. My skin is painful and it's peeling like crazy. Honestly, I rather have dealt with the little bit of acne I had pre-med then deal with what my skin looks like right now....blahhh....I'll stick it out for a couple more weeks. Hopefully I'll see clearer skin by then.