Zirgan User Reviews

Zirgan - User Reviews

Zirgan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zirgan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: none none, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 08

i suffer from recurrent eye infection/virus. Am highly allergic to Viroptic - the drug of choice for my condition. Zirgan/Virgan just FDA approved for US citizens after 10 yrs of use in Europe. Much less toxic than Viroptic.

Related Reading: Viroptic | Zirgan

Comment from: SUE, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 15

Have had shingles affecting my right eye for over a year. Just recently, visiting a specialist in Boston, found that this drug was just approved by FDA after being used in Europe for over 20 years. I have been using it since mid-August with excellent results. The shingles ulcerations on my cornea are GONE. My eye is much more comfortable...my vision is much improved. It is so easy to use...the drops just flow into your eye and melt within seconds, covering your cornea. I am so thankful to the Boston Doctor for starting me on this newly approved med. I'm not at 100% because I also have some "haze" behind the cornea due to the shingles virus, BUT the ulcerations on the surface of my cornea are gone, which is a great improvement for my eyesight. I recommend anyone who has had an experience like mine to try ZIRGAN. It is a phenomenal drug with no side effects. ALSO, I remind all of you near or at 60 years of age to get the shingles vaccine in order to decrease your chance of getting shingles!!! It can make a big difference in your life!!! Sue Vernon,RN, Maine

Related Reading: shingles | the shingles vaccine

Comment from: mattyup, 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 10

Son was prescribed this for his infection of the eye (herpes infection of the eye). Seemed to have worked well. Now we have a recurrance, hopefully it will work quickly as it did the first time.

Comment from: Hawaii on Drugs, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 19

I have herpes simplex in the eye..and my eye has been red with lesions around the lower lid. My doctor recently perscribed me Zirgan, with 5 times application to the eye each day, my redness had dissapeared and my visions is back in track. I thank the doctors and FDA for issuing this drug so i can clearly see through my right eye. I <3 ZIRGAN. its gelitan like form is easy to use and put in the eye as it cools and melts as i blink. wonderful results. a must have.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.