Zithromax User Reviews

Zithromax - User Reviews

Zithromax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zithromax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Mom, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 13

12 year old son had an an allergic reaction and went into anaphylatic shock

Related Reading: shock

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 05

DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION WHILE ON SEVERE PAIN MEDS!!!! My wife took this medication for a broncial infection. She was also on Methadone for pain management. The interaction between the two caused her to have a severe heart attack thus killing her. She was only 43 years old!! PLEASE DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOUR LOVED ONES.

Related Reading: pain management | heart attack

Comment from: MelJackson, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 30

Extremely INTENSE stomach pain: I have never left pain like this before. I went to the Dr Thursday (today is Saturday) and was told that I have bronchitis and pharynitis (spelling?) a throat infection. My Dr prescribed “Zmax” which he said is a liquid form, you drink it once and you are done. It stays in your system for 10 days fighting the infection. When I went to the pharmacy they told me that this drug is no longer made, but she happened to have it in pill form. Since the Dr prescribed at 2g, she had 4 - 500mg tablets that she gave me and the directions were to take all at once. I took them Thursday evening around 8pm and within 45 minutes to an hour; I had extreme stomach pain, diarrhea, shakes, and cold sweats. Within a couple of hours I felt fine (stomach wise). Then this morning (Saturday) the intensity came back, with a vengeance! I called and left a message for the on call Dr (who just happened to be my Dr) and when he called me back he said that he disagrees with the pharmacist and for me to take Maalox, Mylanta or OTC Pepcid to help with the stomach pain. He said what I am experiencing is a side effect of the drug and that it “will go away with time”. This is the 2nd time this year I have had bronchitis, and if I get it again, I will be sure to tell my Dr to NOT give me Zithromax (Azithromycin) due to the intense side effects that I am feeling. However, I guess the medicine is doing its job, because the bronchitis is feeling much better today.

Related Reading: Zmax | diarrhea | Pepcid

Comment from: jlsmicro@aol.com, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 14

My PSA level has been elevated (6-10) for over 20 years. I have had 3 negative biopsies. I am a microbiologist with a PH.D in biochemistry and researcher into mycoplasma infection. Mycoplasma has been implicated in non-specific pneumonia and to some extent in urethritis. After a round of treatment with zithromax for a finger infection (self-prescribed) I noticed a reduction in night urination as well as an increased urine stream. I asked my urologist to prescribe another 2 week regimen to see if my PSA would go down, suspecting a potential long-term mycoplama infection. He agreed and my PSA level has dropped to 5.0, the lowest level in 20 years. I sleep through the night and my stream has increased. This leads me to believe that elevated PSA levels over a long time frame could be due to mycoplasma infection and that zithromax can successfully treat some cases of BPH (could this lead to a reduction in Prostate Cancer??????). This is worth investigating. Please consult your caregiver and check out this treatment. Jeff Schwartz

Related Reading: pneumonia | zithromax | sleep

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 27

The good news was that my throat stopped hurting. The bad news was that I had bad allergic reaction to this medication. I'm allergic to penicillan so my docotr prescribed zithromax. I broke out in a really bad itchy rash all over my torso and thighs. I had to go to the ER. I was given and prescribed a steroid and anti-histamines. Zithromax stays in your system for as long as you have taken it. So if youhave taken three pills for three days, it will stay in your system three days after you have stopped taking it.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: dingding78, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 22

This is the only and I mean ONLY antibiotic that zaps my sinus infections within 24 hours. I had a severe sinus infection prior to having my daughter and was prescribed amoxicillin by a doctor who said that it worked better. WRONG! Not only did I end up having to do 6 weeks of treatment of it, then finally got the z-pack, I ended up with bell's palsy a week after being seen. I strongly believe if I would have been prescribed zithromax in the first place, my face wouldn't look all wonky now.

Related Reading: sinus infection | amoxicillin