Zithromax User Reviews

Zithromax - User Reviews

Zithromax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zithromax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 01

I was satisfied that it cured the infection, but within a month of taking the medicine I suffered what is considered an allergic reaction to it that has caused me to suffer from "sebaceous skin disease" and "adult acne", none of which has been a problem before. It has cost me nearly a thousand dollars in curing and nearly a year later I'm still not clear of the problem, though still working with a dermatologist.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: v6v3m7bm4, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 23

I don't want anyone to go thru what I went thru, PLEASE READ: worked great for killing infection, but can cause nausea lasting WEEKS afterward due to system upset which is common for many antibiotics, but seemed more common with this one for me. I HIGHLY recommend stocking up on probiotics (such as BD Lactinex) and taking constantly during and after antibiotic treatment. It is worth the $30 in probiotics for how the $5 antibiotic will make u feel after it has killed off your bad and good bacteria in your body. i would also recommend getting a prescription of phenergen (worked great for me) or zofran (newer but didnt help me) for some nausea u may still feel even while on probiotics while getting thru side effects duration. i ended up in the ER on intraveneous fluids the first time i took azithromycin. the 2nd time on probiotics i got thru it, but still wasn't pleasing - i may try other antibiotics in the future.

Related Reading: zofran

Comment from: christyzachman, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 01

After a month of coughing and difficulty breathing, I was able to get to the doctor who prescribed this for what she called an upper respitory infection. Being diabetic, infections of any kind can lead to death so treating well was imperative. This was a new drug for me and I found it fabulous. After five days I no longer cough and have no side effects so far. Unlike oter antibacterial drugs which have given me vaginal infections and other things, this has not done so. I fully recommend this drug.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 04

Bad stomach cramps / diarrhea / nausea / dizziness, this did not react well with me at all. I feel worse with all the side effects than I did with no med's.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: 25-34 (Patient) Published: July 03

After having chronic sinus infections, I've found that using a Z-pack plus prednisone is the only effective "cure". I've never had any of the side effects that other reviewers have experienced.

Published: May 14

After suffering with Bronchitis for a week, I was prescribed a Z-Pack. Within 24 hours, I started to feel better. Fever dropped and congestion began to break up. It took two weeks before I was feeling well, but I credit this antibiotic with knocking it out of me. I had a touch of the "runs", but so what. I'm allergic to Penicillin and erythromycin just doesn't do it for me anymore. Zithromax worked great.

Related Reading: Fever | erythromycin

Published: December 24

Perfect accept i had chronic horrible diarrhea. cured my pneumonia and i dont care what anyone else says this was perfect

Comment from: briteone1978, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 09

after te first dose after 45 mins. my heart went crazy,couldnt breathe, took next dose and had still anoter episode not as bad but lasted longerand took very scary for me never again would i take it and it takes very long to get out of system!!!!!!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 17

Better with in 48 hours!