Zmax User Reviews

Zmax - User Reviews

Zmax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zmax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 06

Definitely helped within the two-day period as described. A little dizziness but nothing to be worried about. Good to have something like to knock it out so quick

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 19

I did experience alot of stomach pain and nausea with this medication.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 10

Severe stomach cramps and diarhea, in addition, after several days my sinus symptoms have returned.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 30

It was nice to only have to take it once and not worry about it again; however, I did experience a lot of nausea and headache (and some dizziness) with this medication.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: bmarie828, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 27

I had a lot of stomach pain--especially within the first several hours along with diarrhea, nausea, and mild dizziness. It's been about 5 days and it has definitely helped my sinus infection, but has left my stomach upset. I have lost my appetite and having occasional stomach cramping. I read the pamphlet and it says it stays in your system for about 10 days, so I assume that's why my stomach still isn't feeling 100%. It's the first 3-4 hours after you take it that the side effects REALLY kick in.

Related Reading: diarrhea | sinus infection

Comment from: SK, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 06

Took the one day dose on a Monday and felt SEVERE abdominal pain for the first 3 - 4 hours with increased heart rate (At this point I vowed to never take this medication again), after this it was followed by watery stool. This was the end of any side-effects symptoms, they all ended after 5 hours. The following day (Tuesday) I felt MUCH better. Still a little groggy and tired as the medication is still in your system but my sinus pain decreased dramatically. The medication works VERY fast but was a miserable process for the first few hours. I have difficulty swallowing pills so this was the "happy medium" which was found.

Related Reading: abdominal pain

Comment from: DA1, 7-12 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 17

IT TOOK TWO DAYS TO WORK BUT FEVER STOPED BY THE FIRST DAY.ITS GREAT!

Related Reading: FEVER

Comment from: kld938@aol.com, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 17

It did work with in two days but I did have diarhea with in a couple of hours. Overall it was alot better than having to take a pill three times a day.

Comment from: Oneofakind, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 13

I suffer from painful cystic acne. I had tried many different antibiotics. My dermatologist prescribed Zmax. THE BEST! Since then The Dr. has prescribed it for reoccurences ( which have lessen dramatically) WORKS MIRACLES- almost no scarring!

Related Reading: acne | Zmax

Published: November 05

Lots of stomach pain, it was very uncomfortable but it did subside. Having to take it only once was nice. Especially knowing that it was just as effective as the z-pack.