Zocor User Reviews

Zocor - User Reviews

Zocor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zocor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: georg, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 18

57 male,On zocor for 5 yrs all of a sudden leg pain so bad was in bed for 2 months and hospital for 3 weeks before finding out it was the zocor. Was tested for everythinga to z.. Knees where the worse. They insisted it was not zocor, I stoped it on my own= 2 days latter I walked out of the hospital.

Related Reading: zocor

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 10

Zocor worked fabulous for reducing cholesterol. I was one of the "rare" side effects. I felt so bad that I wished I would die. I was so extremely fatigued for a year that I was tested for AID, hepatitis, rheumatoid arthritis, thyroid, brain tumor, anemia, lupus, mono, etc. As a last resort, my doctor had me quit taking the medicine. I have not felt this wonderful in a year.

Comment from: Don't remember, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 22

I have been on Zocor for 6 wks. and I thought I was losing my mind, I started hurting in my hips and joints so bad I could not hardly stand up, I called my Dr. and she said I probably strained my hip and knees, I went to her and same thing, called 3 times crying with pain and she said go to the emergengy room, actuly I think she was tired of me and just thought I wanted pain pills. She put me on this and I guess didn't know the side effects. I have been on wed md for 4 weeks looking up everything trying and trying to find out what is wrong with me and Last nite I took my pill and thought to myself, let me look up the side effects of this because that is the only thing I had not tried and there was all these comments and I knew thats what it was--she will get a piece of my mind Monday for all the pain and suffering I have been through and thanks to this site I don't think I am dying with some diease. My husband has been on this for 7 yrs and can't hardly walk but he has memory loss after a stroke and heart att. and the Dr.s can't understand why he can't walk--I cannot believe he has hurt this long--6 wks almost killed me but he won't complain about anything so, so he has just hurt and I know thats what is wrong with him now--I am not taking anymore of this drug and I hope I can walk in a little while--I woldn't recommend this drug to anyone--Betty

Related Reading: stroke

Comment from: GeeGee, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 09

After taking Zocor for approx. 2 years I started to develope symptoms of muscle cramps and excruciating pain in my shoulders and upper back, to the point that I couldn't even lift my arms. Most mornings I could hardly get out of the bed. My arms and shoulders felt like they weighed a ton. I have seen several Doctors, that seem to just blow me off. I wonder why the doctors will not believe their patients.The very first doctor at the emergency room advised me to stop taking the Zocor, that was about 5 months ago. I am still suffering with excrutiating pains in my upper shoulders and arms. I have recently started to have pains in my thighs and pelvic, and hip bones. I have asked my current doctor to run test to see if the medicine has caused any damages to my liver, and she says that all of my tests have come back negative. I have even asked to be tested for lupus, I have not heard from the doctor as of yet. I am normally very active 65 year old female, bowling, walking for miles at a time, exercising 3 to 3 times a week.. After not having the zocor in my system for more 5 months now, one would think that the affects would have worn off by now. My muscles in my arms and upper shoulders are completely gone and I have no strenghth to lift my arms. Is there a doctor out there that can do something to help reverse the effects that this medicine is having on people. I am diabetic, but my diabetes is under control. I am now taking coQ10 to help regain some of my muscles back. If anyone knows of any other remedy please post it. I have been looking online for the last couple of months for some one to help get me back on the road to good health to no avail. These Statin Drugs should be taken off the market I believe they do more harm than good. The pharmaceutical Companies only care about the dollar, not our health. If you are just starting to take this med. please stop now.!!! The long term affect might be devastating

Related Reading: muscle cramps | liver | lupus

Comment from: marni12008, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 30

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to quit hurting in hips, buddocks, and knees after quiting this drug?? I have been off of it 7 days and still can't walk without a walker and getting up and down is terrible pain,if it wasn't for these reveiws I would think I was going nuts!!! I am 58 and have always been active untill now. I took zocor 3 mo. please tell me how long it takes to quit hurting please.

Comment from: TonyD, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 08

Male, 62. The drug has done what it is designed to do. However I appear to be having side effects which I did not know were associated with this drug. Poor sleep, aching joints, terrible heart burn which usually occures at bed time. Blood work normal, including liver function. Will address these issues with my doctor. THANKS WEBMD for the valuable information!

Cholesterol Management

Tips to keep it under control.