Zofran User Reviews

Zofran - User Reviews

Zofran User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zofran sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Published: September 27

This medicine has allowed me to continue working during pregnancy. It has caused me excessive gas and stomach cramps. However, I can continue to work with those conditions vs. the constant vomitting and nauseaness.

Related Reading: pregnancy

Published: November 04

with my first child I was miserable my entire 1st trimester. Now with my second child, the nausea was just as bad. Once I began using Zofran (1/2 tablet) the nausea stopped completely. HOORAY.

Related Reading: Zofran

Comment from: Aimee, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 29

I vomited every day of my pregnancy. At least with Zofran, i could wake up, throw up once, take the Zofran, and feel OK the rest of the day. When I was able to get some through insurance (which was very difficult since it was not an approved drug), It made working possible. I would have been hospitalized for dehydration and insufficient weight gain for the majority of my pregnancy if it weren't for Zofran.

Related Reading: dehydration

Comment from: LA_Mommy_Of_3, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 18

Zofran became my best friend with my last pregnancy! I used the orally disintegrating tablet, it was so easy & worked fast. In my two pregnancies before this last one I used phenergan & it made me want to sleep all the time, but I continued to take it because I would rather put up with the tiredness than the vomitting. Although w/ the majority of pregnancies, nausea & vomitting ends after the 1st trimester, mine didn't! With all three of my pregnancies I was severely ill through out the entire nine months of each one. When my OB gave me Zofran with my last pregnancy I wanted to kiss her...LOL! It was such a god-send. I could actually function on a normal level without having to run the the restroom to vomit numerous times as day. I will admit the taste of it is pretty nasty but I just learned to hold my breath for those few seconds it took to melt & swallowed it down with some water, & that was it. I think the key to getting it to work the fastest in pregnancy so you don't vomit is to keep it next to your bed with a glass of water & take it as soon as you wake up in the morning. That worked the best for me, I would take it before I even got out of the bed because I knew, if I didn't, as soon as I would stand up I would have to make a run for the restroom to vomit.

Related Reading: phenergan | sleep

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 18

I have severe nausea with my third pregnancy without vomit. This drug eased my nausea but the severe constipation and stomach cramps were worse than the original nausea! I ended up with more nausea because my digestive system was so backed up! The label only indicated headaches so only through research did I discover the drug as the source of my problem.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: bonniebonds, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 30

If it were not for Zofran, I would be throwing up right now! My doctor had to ask the medical board of my insurance company to approve this for me! It is very expensive and the only thing that has allowed me to hold down any food! I am so thankful for this drug!

Comment from: mhenson5877, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 29

I am 7 weeks preg with my first baby and I NEVER thought I would be soooo nausea. It was soooo hard to be at work with the feeling of needing to throw up every second. I started taking Zofran that my doctor prescribed me and it made a WORLD of difference. I DEFINITLEY recommend this medicine for anyone who has morning sickness. I still have the other symptoms such as tired, peeing every 30 min and being in bed by 9:30 every night, but I can deal with that. So far I have not had any side effects. (knock on wood) ; )

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 22

Currently 12 weeks pregnant and have been taking generic zofran as needed for a few weeks. It works very quickly and lasts. I find that I do not need to take it as often as is acceptable because it is still working up to a day after any given dose. My doc did not have me try any other medicines first because the others cause sleepiness and that just wouldnt work with my job. Even though it has been approved by my doctor, I am still very cautious about taking it and do not unless I feel like I cant continue my day without some assistance.

Cancer