Zofran User Reviews

Zofran - User Reviews

Zofran User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zofran sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 29

found out i was 6 weeks pregnant on the 2nd day of my honeymoon. throwing up constantly.. more thant 3 times an hour, went to an urgent care and they gave me iv Zofran and a prescription.. i didn't throw up again the rest of the trip, however, i have had to continue taking the medication and i'm currently 16 weeks pregnant.. and when i stop taking the meds for a day, the nausea and vomiting immediately return.. it hasn't made me feel like my pre pregnant self, but it has made what was a severely debilitating condition tolerable, so at least i can keep food and liquids in.. my only complaint is that this medicine is SOOOOOOO very expensive and we don't have insurance.. but i have to have it to be able to half way function in my daily life.. i would definitely reccomed this to women with severe nausea and vomiting.

Related Reading: nausea and vomiting

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 10

Had the worst nausea hit me 5 weeks in, nothing over the counter worked for me. Started taking this and boom- no more nausea! wonder drug! Took it my entire pregnancy and had no more nausea, unless I missed a dose by accident. Keep taking at same times everyday and you won't have this problem. Little did I know that I would be taking this same drug a year later for cancer treatment. Very powerful stuff, and it works!

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: krutecki@yahoo.com, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 01

i have been in and out of the hospital for the same condition over and over. Dr.s kept saying I have this and that and finally I said can I just get something for the pain and nausea, and I'll be on my way!!! They gave me Zofran, and I felt awesome, Ten years of having all sorts of conditions and no answers, finally something to ease the nausea. If you take this drug when absolutely need to, it works seriously! Saves you money on gas to the ER, and your sanity, because the just don't know what you have..

Comment from: kmoore, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 09

I started vomiting at week 7 and started taking the generic form of Zofran. At first it worked but by weeks 8/9, I was still vomiting while on the meds and the consitpation and bloating was unbareable. So I decided to stop taking the meds and went from vomiting 3 times a day to 1x a day (or a few days without vomiting). And after 1 week of pune juice (yuck!), the consitpation eased up.

Comment from: tidyhouse, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 11

Have been throwing up since six weeks pregnant (hyperemesis) Now am 11 weeks pregnant have tried reglan and phenergan and they did not work at all except to make it worse. Have been hospitalized 3 times and each time they give me zofran iv and i feel human again almost immediately! I just wish my insurance would cover the pill form because even the generic is 10$ a pill and i take 4 a day extremely unaffordable without insurance guess i will just have to keep going to the hospital because they do cover the iv. This is definetly a miracle drug to stop my nausea!

Related Reading: reglan

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 14

This medication was very effective at ceasing my nausea due to pregnancy. And, this medication has recently been made generic! So, it is definitely affordable to anyone now.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 26

Why didn't I ask for something to ease this horrible nausea ealier?!?!??? I took one immediately upon leaving the pharmacy and within 5 minutes I felt better. I haven't had any side effects and I can now get off the couch and take care of my other kids.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 26

This works really well without tiredness, but isn't covered by my insurance. Very expensive.

Comment from: Stacy, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 17

My body does not like to vomit so instead it holds it in and makes me miserable all day. This medicine is a miracle drug!! Without it there is no way I could eat a thing.

Comment from: mom of 4, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 28

I took zofran and it's generic form, 3 of my 4 pregnancies. I usually fell ill at week 5, starting the drug by week 6. Initially, it minimized the nausea, but by week 8, it was no match for the surging hormones that made me miserable. I found it adequate for taking of the "edge," but not a total solution for any woman with hyperemisis. To ward off the constipation associated with this drug, Miralax works quite well. I recommend drinking it with your favorite juice.

Related Reading: Miralax