Zoladex 10.8 mg User Reviews

Zoladex 10.8 mg - User Reviews

Zoladex 10.8 mg User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zoladex 10.8 mg sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 02

side effects are evident - hot flushes, weight gain, depression.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: chellechelle, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 25

It was so wonderful living pain free while on this injection, having no periods was a bonus too. The only hassle was finding medical staff experienced in administering the injection and found going to the local hospital quite good. Also asked for general anes. cos do not like needles, and this one is big!! The hot flushes were a bit of a pain, but got used to them and prefered them to pain.

Comment from: rainman, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 07

After trying for several years to get pregnant my doctor found out I not only had endometrosis but several fib. I have been on lipron to a force menapause and had fib surg. finally I got pregnant but only carried 6wk. last year my endemetrosis and fib came back I have been on zoledex for what is soon to be 6 months. I truely understand the VERY bad HOTFLASHES not to mention the moodswings I am hoping that in a few months to try to get pregnant again..hope is always there..

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 10

I started Zoladex five yrs ago when I was 37. I am now going to pursue a hysterectomy. The drug was effective at keeping the cancer from returning, but the side effects have really been horrible. Mood swings, depression, hot flashes, insomnia, my blood pressure and cholesterol went wacko, weight gain, vaginal dryness and alternating yeast and bacterial infections. My body does not like this drug, but really didn't have an alternative except hysterectomy.

Related Reading: cancer | cholesterol

Comment from: Harriet, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 26

I had severe endometriosis and at age 28, underwent lap & laser, then 3 months of Zoladex, then a second lap & laser to get rid of any remaining endo. Side effects were tough - total menopause at age 28! However, the treatment worked like a charm and it was worth every minute. I followed a totally organic diet throughout and actually lost 10 lb while on this drug. I then fell pregnant within 6 weeks of my second lap & laser, and now have 2 beautiful kids and have not had any endo symptoms since. That was 8 years ago. I can't rate this drug (nor my first class OBGYN who did the surgeries) highly enough!

Comment from: redrevng2006, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 15

I was on it for 6 months and it worked great. If you have Endometriosis and your doctor wants to put you on this I would recommend it. I have pain 3 weeks out of the month and for 6 months i had no pain at all. It is not the best felling when you are getting the shot in your stomach but i would do it again in a heart beat. Hope this helps anyone who is going to have this treatment.

Comment from: BizzyBody, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 01

lower abdominal aches after injections for a few days than back to normal was on 1 implant for a while than had to increase to 2 implants to stop my menstrual cycle after about a year had to start back up on the implants because cycles started again now on 3 implants every month for the last 4 months don't know how long I'll be on it this time around. But, as long as it keeps my cancer from returning I'll take it as long as needed.

Comment from: carman, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 23

The side effects hot flashes, flushing and sweating, has had a very big impact on me. All day and night, I have to change my clothes two or three times a day. I have had surgery and take other meds for this cancer.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 17

I feel this medication has trully helped me an not very many side effect. I trully would recommend this to breast cancer patients.

Related Reading: breast

Comment from: jgmcbride, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 12

Male 67+. On a regimen of a shot every 90 days for two years. Have had 4 shots so far. Only side effect would be no libido at all. Other than that nothing. Outcome of 0 PSA supersedes the single side effect.

Breast Cancer

Find support and advances in treatment.