Zoladex 10.8 mg User Reviews

Zoladex 10.8 mg - User Reviews

Zoladex 10.8 mg User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zoladex 10.8 mg sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: rider, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 11

Works well to reduce PSA levels... Side effects for me are the almost unbearable hot flashes, weight gain, back pain and neuropathy in my hands and feet. I'm also diebetic but the burning and tingling has never been this bad.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 16

just started it

Comment from: zoladex, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 20

trouble sleeping , back & chest pain ,breathlessness, concentration

Related Reading: chest pain

Comment from: Hsrry, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: September 10

low energy need 1 -2 1 hr naps daily hot and cold flushes sleeplessness at night enlarged breasts weight gain inreased restess leg syndrone some anxiety and depression some oss of mental acuity

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 24

I was started on Zoladex without any information about it except that it was a shot. About six weeks after the shot the side effects started. My libedo went to zero,I gained weight all in my belly, I had hair loss, but the worst were the hot flashes. Four an hour was common but the absolute worst was that the hot flashes drasdictly affected my Parkinsons. Up to this point I showed few symptoms by taking medications. The symptoms can no longer be controlled with medication. My balance has gotten much worse and I have uncontrolled movement of my hands and very often with my legs. I was set to have the second shot three months after the first,but refused to take it. It is now ten months after the first shot and all of the side effects are as bad as they have been. I think zoladex should be taken off the market

Related Reading: hair loss

Comment from: Dita Sea, on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 30

Taking Zoladex + Tamoxifen for breast cancer. So far, have had no relapses in my breast cancer, so I guess its working. Still, side effects are dire, the worst being severe hot flushes, insomnia, mood swings, depression (although only a couple of days a month), extreme fatigue, no sexual desire, and a terribly dry complexion (I seem to have aged five years in only 12 months). Still, I only have one more year to go, so I guess I just have to weather it through!

Related Reading: breast cancer | fatigue

Comment from: Mamabee, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 16

Diagnosed with estrogen-positive Breast Cancer in 2003. Did no chemo nor radiotherapy. Changed Lifestyle and diet. Had a relapse in 2010 and first thing my new doctor asked was if I was still having kids. Replied in the negative so he said he needed to stop the periods. Had no objection to this and so he administered first dose of Zoladex. I found out i had also developed fibroids. Started treatment in March 2010. Have seen the change in my condition. First of all, fibroids have shrunk as they no longer press on my bladder. Haven't had any periods and I hope they don't come back. Have hot flushes but they do not last for more than 2 minutes and they are very bearable. Have so much energy, good appetite and sleep well. However I do hope I do not have to continue it for more than a year as every drug has its side effects.

Breast Cancer

Find support and advances in treatment.