Zoloft User Reviews

Zoloft - User Reviews

Zoloft User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zoloft sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: MetroGuy, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 10

I've been taking Zoloft for over 10 years at 100mg. It has really helped me with depression which runs in my family. Here are some things to know: - Everyone reacts differently. Just because someone had a negative experience on this board does not mean you will. I did not experience nausea, anxiety, sleeplessness or lethargy. Others have. - Start out slowly. Your doc should put you on a lower dosage and slowly increase it over time. This helps your body get used to it with less side effects. - Be patient...it takes 2-3 weeks to kick in. So you might not feel any benefit until much later on. - It doesn't change who you are. That was my fear. I didn't want a happy pill. It did lift my depression so I saw things more clearly. I am still the same person. However, if you had life problems before this pill won't make them go away. It will help you to deal with them for effectively by making you functional.

Related Reading: Zoloft | depression | anxiety

Comment from: Cintron313@verizon.net, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 27

well i must have had depression for years but didnt really know what was wrong i have everything in life that any person could want wonderful husband son daughter family home,i just couldnt understand why i felt so sad all the time i felt i was under a cloud all the time for years and then i started having anxiety to the point i couldnt even drive my own car i worried about everything i just wasnt happy i actually went to my doctor crying and told him i dont know whats wrong with me and he put me on zoloft he told me to take it every day and you will feel better with a few weeks and gave me xanax until the zoloft kicked in well he was right with in a few weeks i felt like a new me its like a light light came on and i can see so clearly now i dont ever want to stop taking it.it has been a little over a year since i have been taking it and i am happy as ever just wish i would have been on it years ago it really has worked for me.

Related Reading: xanax | zoloft

Comment from: 2363, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 18

I have had success with this drug! BUT I was wondering if anyone had weight gain while on it. I know I have and I am looking for something else that does not give me weight gain.

Comment from: Lori, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 30

Iv'e always had a problem with depression. After a traumatic experience in 2006 I was to the point in my life where suicidial thoughts were scaring me. I started Zoloft and after 2 or 3 weeks I started to feel better. Started with 50mg then went to 100mg.I just recently went up tp 200mg. I never have had any side effects from Zoloft. No weight gain. This may sound strange.... I realized one night sitting there watching TV, I was laughing at a show. Mind you I never found much amusing. I thought to myself Oh my gosh I just LOL!It was then when I realized that I was going to be okay. So those of you wondering about Zoloft, it's a personal choice but one I'm happy I did :)

Comment from: liqui-kelp, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 11

Ive been taking Iodin drops for two days. I did'nt know that it inteacted with my blood pressure medication. I experienced very strong headaches, so I researched the vitamin supplement. If you are on blood pressure medication, please do not take this supplement because Iodine contains potassium. Blood pressure medications including directics, removes the potassium from the body. So taking Iodine makes it very diffulcult for the potassium to leave the body and causes problems such as headaches.

Comment from: srm, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 17

When I took brand name Zoloft, it worked wonders. After it changed to generic I noticed a change. Felt panicky inside. (like restless legs only restless feeling in whole body) Stopped taking two weeks ago and that feeling lessened; only I cry easily now over everything. Generic is missing something vital i think.

Comment from: angelsam, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 18

I experienced loose bowel movements everytime I ate something! The plus side of that was that I actually lost weight while taking Zoloft. Also, I didn't have any less interest in sex, but I did have a harder time reaching orgasm.

Comment from: rosewhite, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 11

I suffered since my teens with a panic disorder, but didn't know that what I had was real or treatable. As a teen, I would tell my doctor that my heart would race, and was told to lay off the caffeine. I was told that I was too sensitive, emotional, etc. by my parents. I lived as best I could, becoming an over-achiever in the process. This just added to my stress and numbness. Finally, in my 30's, I told my doctor that I was going crazy and needed help. I couldn't drive, was emotionally numb, and had no joy. My doctor told me that I wasn't crazy. He recommended therapy, and I went. The therapist recommended medication. My doctor prescribed 100mg Zoloft. I have a life now that I have never had. I didn't know that you weren't supposed to be afraid or sad all the time, hiding the pain behind a mask. I have been taking the generic Zoloft for about 3 years now, and it has changed my life totally. My only regret is that I didn't ask for help sooner.

Related Reading: teens | stress