Zoloft User Reviews

Zoloft - User Reviews

Zoloft User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zoloft sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Cassidy , 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 29

I know many people have to try several different anti-depressants before one worked for them. I was lucky because Zoloft was the first medication prescribed to me after my first severe depressive episode and in less than two weeks I was thinking clearer and more rational than I ever had. Actually, I like to say I felt like the person I really am and not the person who couldn't control their negative, self deprecating thoughts. Because I have a family history of depression and chemical imbalance I've stayed on Zoloft indefinitely (10 years now). When I've tried to go off, within weeks I can feel the depressive thoughts sneaking back. One thing I would say to someone who needs an antidepressant - it does not work overnight, but takes time to build up in your body to do what it is intended to do to make you feel better.

Comment from: jwreiner, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 09

For the last 30 years I have tried about every anti-depression medication my psychologists, psychiatrists and doctors could prescribe and nothing really worked effectively. After starting on Zoloft for around 2 weeks at 50ml/day and working up to 150ml/day over a 2 month period, I can only say I've experienced the results I have prayed for over the last 10 years. I thought I would never find my way out of the darkness of my life until Zoloft. It truly is a godsend and since I've found out 3 others in my family have been using it effectively for several years. I only wish I had known about it 10 years ago, but better late than never!

Published: October 26

After reading previous reviews, I certainly can see we all have different metabolisms--thats why it's important to have a trustworthy and competent dr. overseeing ones treatment. A chemical imbalance is ultimately responsible for a lot of our symptoms. Apprehension about seeking help is our 1st hurdle. We shouldn't let a bad experience with any (1) drug or type of drug deter us from finding relief. I myself, need to change my medication usually annually. (apparently I build up a tolerance). As I sense it happening, I freely and openly discuss with my personal physician and we either have tried a different med. or upped dosage at times. Over the last 8yrs. we have found that going back and forth between Paxil and Zoloft works best for my metabolism. Prozac and Climadyn weren't well tolerated (got worse). So, in conclusion, I like to say don't give up--you don't have to live life being depressed, anxious etc.. but it may take a few tries to find what chemical may be active, inactive, overactive in your system. KISS - KEEP IT(life) SIMPLE SWEETY! p.s. someday our dna will enable us to quickly and absolutely know what our bodies are in need of, in excess of, etc.. until then its trial and error, and my dr. I've chosen to trust. My own knowledge isn't always enough. Again seek help if you are having depression, anxiety or other problems -- the answer could be 1 appt. away.

Related Reading: Paxil | Prozac

Comment from: lora1966, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 22

I have depression due to a chemical imbalance. The reason that I know it is a chemical imbalance is because I have a very stressfree and happy life otherwise. When I went into my depression I was crying everyday and I could not get up and do anything, everthing I tried to do like loading the dishwasher or blowdrying my hair felt like I was trying climbMt.Everst The night I started taking 50 mg of zoloft the crying stopped immediatly the next day, had flat feelings for a couple of weeks, then slowly but surely everyday I could tell a difference and today 1 month later I feel great now! Back to normal. I will never stop taking zoloft. I love it! Hope this helps someone

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 04

I cannot sing the praises of this medicine enough. I am actually on the generic (Sertraline), but I noticed a difference in the first two weeks. I no longer snap at my husband for nothing, have the energy to get off the couch, and find myself wanting to do the things I used to love. Best of all, my sex drive is back, and that makes us both very happy!!!!

Comment from: debicody2002, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: March 28

After several major life changing circumstances occurred;death of father, new job, moving across country, large lump in breast, my PCP prescribed Zoloft. I am so much better now and am actually weaning down to 50 mg daily instead of 150mg. I never experienced any side effects.

Related Reading: breast

Comment from: Lynn, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 12

I just started taking this pill,I was advise to start a half a pill for one week then a whole pill the from then on. I noticed changes within a couple of days. I was so depressed,had anxieties like crazy,halluctions, repeating movements...this drug has worked for me so well. I feel so human now!!! Alive and happy to be normal!!! If anyone is reading this and you think all of this information about depression,anxiety is you then go talk to your doctor. I was soo scared to talk to with my doctor,I had a panic attack in the waiting room. I have no side affects,besides a little diarhea. But I can sleep now too!!!