Zoloft User Reviews

Zoloft - User Reviews

Zoloft User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zoloft sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 21

I am now able to enjoy life. Never realized how anxious I was until the physical manifestations started and my health care provider started me on Zoloft.

Comment from: CK, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 09

I wanted to write my experience because I came to these websites looking for answers myself. I started on 50mg and have worked up to 150mg. It has taken almsot 5 weeks for me to finally feel a difference, but what a difference it is. There were days when I would stay in my sweats and just watch all tv all day. Now I'm finally feeling like myself waking up happy and wanting to actually do things again. It took a very long time to work for me, so be patient if you don't see antyhing right away. I'm glad I stuck with it. The only side effect for me is in the bedroom dept. Never been a problem before but having those "fireworks" now are near impossible or take FOREVER. But thats not the end of the world I guess. Otherwise I haven't had any other problems. I would like to move up to 200mg, but my doctor wants me to wait a bit. She kept telling me it takes time and I was starting to lose help, but finally I am feeling better. I would recommend this if you are thinking of tyring it.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 02

I have been taking 25mg for a month now, and notice a big difference, I still get angry, but seem to be able to forget about it faster and not let it bother me. My overall mood is just better. I do have to take it in the evening with my dinner, couldn't take it in the am, just made me way too tired!!! but nighttime does the trick. It took 3 weeks to get over some side effects, so just stick with it, it does work!!! and the side effects will go away. Just give it time and keep your starting dose as low as possible. I still have a few side effects just vivid dreams is the most dramatic. No weight gain at all, being a nurse I do see that once patients start to feel better on any medication, the first thing people usually do is gain weight, so make sure you are not consumed by the thought of maybe gaining weight. I am very happy I have started Zoloft and hope everyone else get the same results I have, I feel 100% better!!!!! Great for PMS!!!!!

Comment from: GeorgiaPeach, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 05

I have been struggling with post-partum depression since the birth of my child almost 8 months ago. I initially refused medication because I was breastfeeding and worried it would affect my child. I was very tired and sluggish all the time, and had occasional bad days when I felt like I was just down in a hole and all I wanted to do was sleep. Even on the best days I was chronically tired. I often felt complete disinterest in my child, and I lost interest in my hobbies- riding my horses seemed like too much work, and I was way too tired to even consider exercising. I also had trouble with anxiety and feeling overwhelmed by even routine daily tasks. I had a lot of irrational guilt as well. Zoloft literally changed my life overnight. I feel 100% normal, the way I did before I ever got pregnant. 1 50mg zoloft a day has worked wonders. I was afraid I'd feel doped up but all I feel is normal. I have my normal energy level back, I'm enjoying my baby, I'm riding my horses again, it's wonderful. I was afraid after reading the bad reviews that this medicine would give me bad side effects, but so far have not experienced any side effects at all. I strongly encourage anyone suffering from depresion to give this medicine a chance- it might work just as well for you as it has for me. I wish I had started taking it months ago.

Comment from: Autumngurl, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 04

In reading your article I found that a doctor at the Women's Health Institute of Texas is suggesting you take 2 to 4 tabs. of 12.5mg Iodine/5mb Iodide per day. I was having swelling, sob, palpatations, and weight gain. After reading your article and seeing that you suggest no more than 1100 mcg per day I found I was taking about 22 times more than recommended!!! That's huge. 12.5mg = 12,500mcg....Then for the last 3 days, I increased it by one tablet as suggested by Dr. Andrew Jones, and the symptoms worsened....no wonder...now you're looking at 45 times, per day too much...Thank God for Webmd..I've been a trusted user of this site for many, many years!!!

Related Reading: Women's Health