Zometa User Reviews

Zometa - User Reviews

Zometa User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zometa sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: blancheball, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 02

I have breast cancer in my bones. I took zometa every month for 16 months, then every 3 months. My cancer has not moved in almost 5 years. Very few side effects, just drink plenty of water after IV.

Related Reading: breast | cancer | zometa

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 27

I experienced flu like symptoms, nausea, headache after treatment. The key is to drink plenty of water before and after the treatment. Overall, the benefits out weigh the side effects of the medicine.

Related Reading: flu | headache

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 15

I have recurrent breast cancer in my liver and my hip. I've been radiated in the hip and it worked thankfully. However because its in the bones my Dr. strongly suggested taking Zometa to prevent possible fracture. I just completed my 4th treatment and after the first one I only had some body aches for a couple days and then the next 2 treatments I had no side effects but the most recent treatment gave me some pain in my hands and feet-not too bad-I can still walk and exercise so I'm not complaining. I just wanted to write because its seems every time I read a review of drugs I'm on, only the women who have horrible side effects report so I'm one of the more positive testimonies, thankfully-I'm sure there's more positive stories out there as well.

Related Reading: liver | fracture

Comment from: Carole, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 16

I have metatasic breast cancer. 24 hrs after my first session was uncomfortable. Flu-like symptoms and muscle/bone ache. every session after that became easier. Now I take Zometa only with Herceptin (by port) and I have little to no side effects beyond being a little tired the day I receive treatment.

Related Reading: Herceptin

Comment from: arloboy, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 27

Zometa has helped reduced my bone pain and it is easily administered with minimal side effects.

Comment from: mary, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 30

I have had a treatment of Zometa once a month for the last 2 years. Side effects have been the same every month. Flu like feelings sore swollen feet and hands. Very tired and usually down in bed for two days.

Comment from: Banjo, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 16

I took IV zometa once a month for about 14 months, now I am doing it 1 out of every 3 months. I think it helped alot, I have alot more aches now that I'm not taking it every month.

Comment from: fna, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 15

I had flu like symptoms (fever, aches, dizzy) for a couple of days after the infusion. I have a little jaw pain today and have called the doctor about it. I don't know if it is related to the Zometa but the doctor said to call if there was any jaw pain.

Related Reading: fever

Comment from: fight like a girl, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 15

This was the worst medicine I've ever encountered and I had chemo. I was sick as a dog for 4 days, sweating, sipping water and immediately throwing it up and lost 10 pounds before the week was over. It's a week today and I'm still not feeling well in my stomach. You couldn't pay me to take this medicine again.

Comment from: U11134, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 21

somewhat severe pain in bone affected by metastic cancer started on second day after 1st IV drip continuing through 4th day. Strenth of 2nd dose cut in half and no reaction encountered.

Cancer