Zomig User Reviews

Zomig - User Reviews

Zomig User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zomig sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 28

At the onset of a headache is the best time to use this medicine. It may take 1/2 to 1 hour for effectiveness. The worst side effect I have is body aches, especially in the lower extremities. Tenderness of skin on the thighs, and pain in the bottoms of my feet are typical complaints. Although my migraine have lessened with treatment to prevent headaches with amitriptyline and propranolol used on a daily basis, the use of Zomig 5mg has been very effective to reduce the frequency of blinding migraines. I would recommend this product for anyone who suffers from migraines. Anything is worth the effort to recover the hours and days lost to nausea, light sensitivity and crippling pain.

Related Reading: headache | migraine | Zomig

Comment from: SereNole, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 24

I've had chronic migraine's with syncope since I was 28 and this is the first drug that has really been effective on the pain that doesn't wipe me out. The only thing I'd like to see changed about it is for it to be scored so as to be broken in half easier. (my dosage requires only a half tablet be taken at onset..the tablets are hard and requires a pill splitter to cut it.)

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 03

The only problem's are the side effects (tightness in the neck, shoulder,jaw and arms). But there are times I have no side effects. I have found that if you take advil prior to taking the pill it does help with the muscle aches.

Comment from: Susang, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 06

I have migraines that come in clusters and may last one day or over a period of two days; sometimes I've had migraines almost daily and in recent months, maybe two or three per month. Zomig has been the only medication that works on a continual basis. I take it at the first signs of a migraine and it usually works wonders. I, too have problems with joint and muscle pain that accompany my headaches and leave me sore afterward. I was glad to see that others have this problem too. As an accompanying treatment, a licensed massage therapist that is skilled in pain management is beneficial as well.

Related Reading: muscle pain | pain management

Comment from: llval, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 01

I have taken Zomig for the last several years and am very pleased w/the results. If I take it when the migraine just begins, it will usually prevent it. Even if I take it after the migraine develops, it will usually knock it out w/in a couple of hours. The only drawback is severe joint and muscle pain within a few hrs of taking it, especially if I lay down and sleep after taking it. But, it's a small price to pay for getting rid of the migraines!

Comment from: dianaiynnanne@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 12

Ever since I've been going through menopause I have been getting migraines,especially when the weather is changing and pressures are rising and falling.After seeing numerous Drs.,and taking at least 4 different daily meds(that made me non functional after a couple weeks)one Dr. gave me Zomig 2.5 mg and it's the only drug that gets rid of the migraines. I get at least 12+ migraines a month.What's up with that?!?

Related Reading: menopause

Comment from: mare, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 12

I find Zomig to relieve a migraine within 1-2 hours of onset. Side effects are skin sensitivity and joint pain (hip area and jaw). Sleepiness may also happen, but if im at work, I dont feel the sleepiness as much as when im home and relaxed. Side effects are worth it to get rid of the migraine. Cost is high:$120 co-pay for 12 pills (3 mo. supply). Would be nice if drug co. offered coupons.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 27

I have used Zomig since it first came on the market after trying many other medications for migraine. It is the best one I have used and it always works within 30-45 minutes. The only drawbacks are that only being able to take two tablets in a 24 hour period, sometimes each tab doesn't last for 12 hours and I may cheat and take another tab sooner than I should. Also, I have joint pain and tightness and tingling in the neck area. Since my migraines usually last 3 days, the cost of 6 tabs is really high and I usually have at least 2 migraines a month. My insurance only pays for 6 tabs per month and i also have a 40% co-pay.

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.