Zomig User Reviews

Zomig - User Reviews

Zomig User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zomig sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: eeyore, 35-44 (Patient) Published: November 06

It works for me within 5-10 minutes. However, the side effects of th extreme tension/tighting in the jaw and neck is very disturbing and uncomfortable!!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 28

I have suffered from migraine headaches for over 30 years and this is the only medication I have taken that takes the headache away in a relatively short period of time and with few side effects. I have found that if I catch it quickly, I can take a third of a 5mg pill and it does the trick. I do have some joint soreness after taking the pill which I never had taking other migraine medications.

Comment from: tsmith, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 11

There is no other migrane medication that helps me but Zomig and I have tried them all. Even if the pain was starting to get pretty advanced before I can get to the Zomig, it takes care of any and all my pain. Zomig had been a wonderful medication for my migranes which were horriable pain and vomiting for 24 hours or more.

Comment from: sanitarysallyyouknow, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 12

Been on Zomig for some years now. Started out on the 2.5 mg then went up to the 5 mg tablet, partly due to my horrible perimenopausal migraines. Zomig has been helping me through this for the most part. I'm almost 52 and have been suffering from migraines since my teens and have found Zomig to be one of the better meds for me. Everyone is different, so each medication works and behaves and has a different effect on them. I do experience a side effect such as some drowsiness with Zomig, but for me, I'd much rather have that than the crippling migraines that can least up to 10 or more days at a time for me. Zomig is a life saver. I'd rate the "effectiveness" 5 stars but there are some times when my migraines need a little more boost and my neurologist has to put me on steroids - not very often but this has been a recent thing due to my perimenopausal migraines, which are sometimes relentless.

Related Reading: teens

Comment from: jody, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 22

I use 50mg Demerol plus 10 mg.valium to stop the migraine. If this doesn't work, I use 2.5 mg. of Zomig and this prevents me from going to the emergency room. Migraine completely gone in 2 hours.

Related Reading: Demerol | valium

Comment from: kaisnewkrib1, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 06

I have tried alot of migraine meds. This is the only one that has worked for me.

Comment from: Jme, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 18

I am 24 and get migraines often. The doctors do not know why but when i take the zomig my headache always goes away it is very expensive and i do use it often but it is worth it. My skin does burn after i take it especially if i take a shower.

Comment from: jamone, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 18

this pill is a life saver for me. it works within twenty mins or less. i could not work with out it. it takes the pain away completely for me. i get migraines almost every day. its a family curse. i was put on this ten years ago. and i only take one pill a day and i am good all day. sometimes weeks go by without a migraine. only problem it is expensive and my healthplan will not pay for all i need. the drug co itself helpsme.

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 11

i was somewhat paralyzed for two hours. i couldnt move one half of my body. i was scared to death and nauseated.

Comment from: april, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 17

it worked wonders. i have been trying medications since i was 26 nothing has even tuoched them. only side effect i experinced was pressure in my neck, not enough to make me stop. wonder drug for me!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 07

This medication got rid of my migraine but put me down for several hours. I also had tightness of the chest and neck for the first hour.

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.