Zomig User Reviews

Zomig - User Reviews

Zomig User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zomig sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Tanya, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 01

Zomig did help my head but makes me feel real weird all over the rest of my body.

Published: November 17

This migraine medication works the best for me. It knocks my migraines out quickly. I don't like the side effects(drowsiness, nausea, shakey) but they are better than the migraine!

Comment from: RfromTX, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 14

I have been taking Zomig for 16 years for migraines. It takes about 90 mins for the pain to go away. Very rarely do I need a second dose. Instead of being debilitated for 24 hours, I know I can go on with my dayas normal in 45-90 mins. Since I was having migraines at least once a week, Zomig has saved my sanity and my life. It is however very expensive. Side effect is a very strong tingling in mouth and lower jaw like eating a lemon, the first couple of bites of food I ingest after drug takes effect, also increased sensitivity to hot and cold when eating initially. Mild overall head/neck/arms/shoulders tenderness for about 6-12 hours.

Comment from: karen in tennessee, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 18

I have taken Zomig for about 7-8 years now and it does relieve my headaches and I can continue to work or exercise or whatever I wanted to do. Although I notice most of the times I need to take it the tips of my fingers become quite sensitive. I finally related it to the med. Not only that but if I have had to take a whole pill all the joints and muscles in my body and become sore and achy. I had to see if others have had this side effect. I am comforted to know that I am relating the effect correctly to this med. I will still use Zoming when needed but know that it may be helpful to take something that Advil too for the side effect.

Comment from: moseley, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 03

The side effects of Zomig are so bad. I take 5mg it makes my heart flutter, my throat tight and my head dizzy. I feel forgetful and sleepy. My migraine gets worse and its takes about 120 min for relief and that doesnt last to long.

Comment from: astraldragonflye, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 07

within minutes of taking Zomig, after trying several other drugs, my initial symptoms worsened before easing up. I have suffered severe chronic migraines for years, and I feel Zomig is second best to a combination of Excedrin and Maxalt. Zomig caused dizziness, acute vertigo, confusion, blurry vision, and nausea. I would not recommend it for the severe sufferer like myself.

Related Reading: Maxalt | dizziness | vertigo

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.