Zonegran User Reviews

Zonegran - User Reviews

Zonegran User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zonegran sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sunshine, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 26

I was prescribed Zonegran for severe migraines.We had tried Topamax but I had several side effects to that medication. It took a while for us to regulate the amount of zonegran needed.I was taking 400-500 mgs daily. I lost 40 lbs, was nauseated, had difficulty concentrating.It was worth it to have control over the dibilitating migraines.My quality of life improved. After taking this medication for 3 years, I stopped it on my own, thinking I could get by without it. (I had a hysterectomy and the headaches were less frequent.) I was sick of seeing doctors. This was a mistake. I now regret my decision.Gained the 40 lbs back.Would have liked to have kept the 40 lbs off. I can concentrate better and do not feel like I am in a "fog". However, I also feel the migraines returning and feel the shocking sensation shoot across my brain prior to a migraine. If zonegran works for you...do not discontinue it. I'm sorry I did.

Related Reading: Zonegran | Topamax | migraine

Comment from: ynicorn_99, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 25

i take this medication to stop my headaches that i was getting all the time. The small ones that turned into mirgraines.

Comment from: beestill, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 17

This medication was prescribed for Migraine treatment . The two years I was taking it was a holy hell. I immediately began losing muscular strength and had tremors in my arms and legs. At 41 and very healthy that was weird. My memory and cognitive abilities dropped like a stone.( I was PHD in Math)They tested me for things like MS etc, and psych tests. Finally I got a good neurologist and after a month off of the drug I was thinking and spelling and reading, doing complex math at my pre zonegran state, without tremors etc.I'd rather have a migraine then lose my brain- this drug should be off the market.

Related Reading: tremors

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 26

I took this drug for MANY years as migraine prevention. I started at 100mg when that was the only one available and slowly lowered my dosage until I finally was able to go off it. It worked wonders, I went from having 2-4 migraines a week to 1 a month and then none at all. I have stopped the zonegran for a few months now and I have not suffered a migraine!

Related Reading: prevention

Comment from: sunset, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 27

This is the best Epileptic Drug to control the Complex Partial, Simple Partial, Electrographic, and Absence seizures. Absolutely no side effect at all. It is the main antiepileptic drug which normally is considered to be an adjunctive drug. As intractable (or refractory) as I am; having been on this drug now for nearly 3 years without any side effects at all - been doing one heck of a job when all the other antiepileptic drugs could not do or last due to allergic reactions or severe side effects. It is working great alongside with Klonopin (Clonazepam). I strongly recommend the brand name Zonegran over Zonisamide due to formulary differences.

Related Reading: Klonopin

Comment from: Mrs Yummy, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 12

I have been taking 300mg of Zonegran every night for the past 3 yrs for Migraines. This med has been very effective in decreasing the number of migraines I have. I don't really have any of the side effects that others have described. It's working very well for me. I see a headache specialist (neurologist). I also take Maxalt for break thru migraines. I did NOT lose any weight as some people have. Unfortunately :)

Related Reading: headache | Maxalt

Comment from: Bunnyblb, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 08

I take this for severe and chronic migraines and it has helped wonders in prevention. They need to make pills for higher dosage, though, taking 5 of these plus other stuff every day is a pain in itself!!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 13

This drug was perscribed to me for a purpose of nothing to do w/seizures. it was perscribed for helping me with mantal clarity and ability to be able to stay focused in thinking while going through depression from divorce - it worked great

Related Reading: depression

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.