Zonegran User Reviews

Zonegran - User Reviews

Zonegran User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zonegran sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ridd548, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 17

I suffer from severe migraines and having been taking Topomax. My doctor added Zonegran to take with the Topomaz and I have had fewer mirgraines than I have had in the last 3 years. They both work in conjuction with the other in keeping the headaches at bay. I would reccommend this to anyone.

Comment from: Cowboy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 16

I have Severe Nerve Damage aqnd was taken off my Narcotis and put on this. I have EXTREMELY HIGH level pain in my lower spine, hips and down to my knees...... 30 minutes after taking this medicine I became EXTREMELY Hostile, ANGRY, AGGIATATED, Rapid Breathing. I only took 1 pill (25 mg.) Never took another one. This medicine is DANGEROUS!!! PLEASE be careful taking it!!!!!

Comment from: Local Librarian, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 19

Compared to the other drugs available that treat benign/essential tremors, this drug worked the best for me...no side effects at all. Or so I thought. After 6 months @ 300mg per day, I had lost nearly 25% of may hair. I just hope it grows back.

Comment from: SHAY, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 08

I HAVE BEEN ON ZONEGRAN FOR THE LAST 5MONTHS FOR MIGRAINES AND I THOUGHT IT WORKED FOR THE FIRST 2MONTS,BUT THE LAST 3 MONTHS IVE BEEN IN EXCRUCIATING PAIN!..EVERY OTHER DAY FOR 3WEEKS OUT OF THE MONTH,IM GOING TO BE SEEING A NEW MIGRAINE SPECIALIST AND HOPEFULLY I CAN BE PRESCRIBES SOMETHING THAT WOULD EASE MY PAIN, AND MY LIFE CAN RESUME TO "NORMAL":(

Comment from: accmst, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 05

I had dibilitating migraines that had me in the hospital. This medicine has made it so that I do not have any. I can't imagine not using it. It is also easy as I can take all 5 pills at one time rather than through out the day.

Comment from: gina, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 03

I have Fibro and have been perscribed Lyrica,Neurontin and now Zonegran. I couldn't take Lyrica because it caused me to be like a zombie, Neurontin was okay to start with then it caused me to go into a seizure.It scared me to death so i stopped that one. Then my Dr. gave me Zonegran. I already have violent and major mood swings,and this made it 100 times worse. That was my experience on these medications.

Related Reading: Lyrica | Neurontin | seizure

Comment from: shadow1926, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 25

I take it for sever cluster headaches. Several pills a day but works great. Better than the other 5 seizure meds I tried. And the side effects are minimal compared to how I feel. ED being my biggest complaint along with hyperactivity.

Related Reading: cluster headaches

Comment from: Lullaby League, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 30

was prescribed this drug in July for fibro pain. I was given Lyrica and that did not do anything for me but put weight on me. I am really happy with this med so far but I wish I didn't have to take so much of it. 2 pills; three times a day. On top of all my other meds that is alot of pills to swallow. A secondary effect is my mood is greatly improved and I feel so much better. A down side is alot of intestinal gas that is painful and embarassing. I don't have to worry about getting seizures do I after taking this med? I sure hope not. Because so far, this has been a good med for me.

Related Reading: intestinal gas

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 01

I've been on this medication for only about a month for migraines. I have only had 2 small headaches a lot less than what I was usually getting before the meds. The only side effects I experience are problems w/coordination and problems w/my monthly cycle on going bleeding as well as tired and weakness. But for the most part, my migraines are somewhat under control.

Comment from: Melissa, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 17

I think meds work differnt for everyone. I was on Trileptal for 2 years. I gained 50 lbs and I was still have seizures. My doc finally changed me to Zonegran and I think it is a miracle drug. I lost the 50 lbs I gained and nest of all... I have been seizure free for almost 7 years. He told me I could go off of it if I wanted to but I am too afraid that I will have one while driving and I don't want to take that chance!

Related Reading: Trileptal

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.