Zonegran User Reviews

Zonegran - User Reviews

Zonegran User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zonegran sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 04

My seizures began immediately after an auto accident in Oct of 2002. I was first placed on Neurontin what further debilitated me and I even had grand mal on this drug. Lamictal caused Stevens-Johnsons syndrome. Keppra put me in a coma. Tegratol reduced my seizures and along with the addition of a seizure alert dog gave me some independence. After adding Zonegran, my seizures ceased. Beware of generic though, they contain lactose as an inert ingredient that is not generally made known to doctors and pharmacists. I am severly lactose intolerate and got very sick before we discovered the lactose hidden in the 4 100mg generic Zonegran I was taking daily. As soon as we switched to brand name and make sure it is always brand name ordered by doctor and approved by insurance I have been great since 2006.

Related Reading: Lamictal | Keppra | coma

Comment from: Janelle83, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 23

I have been satisfied with this drug because it allows me to do things and to think because the other pills made me feel funny and it was hard for me to concentrate on my studies. Now I am graduating as an RN an living my life!!!!

Comment from: metomic, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 27

My doctor prescribed this to help with neuropathic pain in my feet after I suffered chronic inflammatory demylinating polyradiculoneuropathy and was paralyzed and intubated for 5 months in the hospital. This was after trying several other meds. The combination of this and nortriptylene has helped this nerve pain.

Related Reading: neuropathic pain

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 01

I have been presribed this medication for cronic pain, it has allowed me to cut down on narcotic pain meds like oxycotin

Comment from: marlasgone, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 12

I have temporal lobe epilepsy which I had surgery to correct on 7/25/10. For several years I had intractible seizures, and my body just plain didn't seem to like anti-convulsants. I suffered with side effects, some life threatening (literally), until this was introduced. I must admit, even since the surgery I have had quite a few strong auras (I get complex partial seizures) but absolutely NO side effects. And in 8 months of being on this medication, I've only had my dosage increased once for seizure activity. That's incredible for me. It usually gets increased monthly. I will be taking this until I'm finally able to be weaned off of anti-convulsants altogether (here's hoping...:-)

Comment from: Teena Will, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 10

Before taking this medication I seemed to be walking in a cloud. Never knowing exactly what was going on. I was refused my medication for 2 months and saw the difference in how wasn't able to think or talk for myself. After regaining the use of my medication I continued my schooling and I am now seeking my BA in Criminal Justice.

Comment from: plb@health.state.ny.us, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 15

This drug is prescribed to me for neuropathy. As an RN, I am wondering why more people aren't using it as it is bid instead of the tid to qid dosing of neurontin, etc.

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.