Zosyn User Reviews

Zosyn - User Reviews

Zosyn User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zosyn sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Published: February 04

my husband used this in iv for mersa

Comment from: Quutipp123, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 26

I had a urinary tract infection that made its way into my right testicle and caused swelling and a tremendous amount of pain. After doctors tried some other antibiotics that did not work, they started me on Zosyn, and it began to bring my white blood count back to normal. After seven days of the drug every eight hours, I was back to normal and released from the hospital. I just wish there would have been a pill form available.

Related Reading: urinary tract infection | Zosyn

Comment from: 35-44 (Patient) Published: December 31

This is my 5th antibiotic thismonth alone. It was nice to find something that worked quickly,minimal side effects (none for me actually) and I started to feel better after 3 IV doses of 3.375 grams. Thank you.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 09

A few days after surgery, an infection appeared in my leg below the incision. The doctors placed me on IV and gave this antibiotic. I knew immediately that that something was wrong. Within 30-45 seconds I could not breath! Always have them ready with benadryl or something to counter act this allergic reaction. I truly felt as if I was going to die.

Related Reading: benadryl

Comment from: jtlaw123@peoplepc.com, Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 19

Constant mettallic taste and film in mouth,constant loose green stools,nausea,anorexia.

Related Reading: anorexia

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 26

I did not have any side effects at all from two weeks in hosp. for zosyn iv. It worked for about 2 weeks after treatment, but infection came back as it does with antibiotic treatment.

Comment from: smweakley, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 17

I was put on this for a severe gallbladder infection. They did have to add another antibiotic after my surgery, and either it, or the combination of the 2, made my mouth taste horrible! I also got pretty bad diarrhea, but that is clearing now that I'm off of it. The bad taste in my mouth remains!

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 19

Allergic reaction to this drug, almost died, ended up in ICU for 4 days. Heart rate dropped to below 30, BP was 60/30, loss of bowel control, throwing up, couldn't breath, luckily I was already in the hospital otherwise I would have been dead.

Comment from: oompa, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 23

good response in treating osteomyelitis

Related Reading: osteomyelitis

Comment from: bribri, 7-12 (Patient) Published: February 02

umm... im 12. im scared to death. i thought the only cure for appendicitis was surgery?? help help. ive never had anything so serious happen does it really hurt to have surgery?

Related Reading: appendicitis

Comment from: gaitor, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 03

I am actually reviewing this for my elderly 92 year old aunt who was administered this after endoscopic common bile duct gallstone removal. Within couple of hours of Zosyn, she developed kidney failure, as well as thrombocytopenia, hypokalemia, and 4+ edema of her hands. She was even placed on hospice! (Her close friend and neighbor had also had this happen to her with Zosyn; kidney failure, which thankfully is slowly improving.) Aunt Edie was placed in a Rehab facility much too quickly, but immediately worsened and was readmitted to hospital, for another 10 days. Total inpatient time was 3 weeks!

Related Reading: kidney failure | thrombocytopenia | edema