Zosyn User Reviews

Zosyn - User Reviews

Zosyn User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zosyn sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: aprillee, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 13

was given this in hospital and feel this helped me very much getting better every day

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 01

I experienced the most horrible nasusea of my life. I even vomitted water. I refused to continue treatment against my doctors advice.

Comment from: dm, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 20

This medication caused caused m kidneys to shut down. I also caused the same thing to another gentleman on my floor.

Comment from: Zarina, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 20

I had diverticulitis and and had a small rupture of the bowel. I was put on a clear liquid diet, IV fluids, three days of Zosyn IV and was very lucky to have the rupture heal with out surgery.

Related Reading: diverticulitis

Comment from: NM, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 15

Was given half a dose and my teeth felt like they were going to fall out. Then the nurse came in to give me more told her what happened the first time and I was told she never heard of the Meds doing that before, so she gave me a full dose. I ended up having a severe allergic reaction and my face blew up like a balloon.

Comment from: oonnaa369@yahoo.com, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 12

improved soft tissue infection but made potassium levels extremely low

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 15

I started to feel better within 4 days of starting treatment. I did experience nausea for about an hour after my IV finished however. Also, I got the unpleasant side effects of a yeast infection and diarreah after finishing treating with Zosyn. Overall, I'm glad it took care of my infection!

Related Reading: yeast infection

Comment from: Neil, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 27

This medication caused me to go into anifilactic shock! I almost died. I barely survived.

Related Reading: shock

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 28

I developed lobar pneumonia very quickly after a week of flu (despite having the flu shot and the pneumonia shot!). I have asthma & Rheumatoid Arthritis so am at risk for complications anyway. I was admitted from the ER with fever 101, fatigue, cough. The first IV antibiotic (Rocephine & Zithromax) did nothing. The second day they discontinued the Rocephine and gave me the Zosyn IV, and I started to feel better within an hour. I was in the hospital for five days (over Christmas) and I'm grateful this drug worked so well with (for me) little side effect. It was given as an IV OVER FOUR HOURS (twice a day I think) to avoid damaging my kidneys. My kidney function tests afterwards were FINE - thankfully! I still needed a few more weeks of recovery using my nebulizer at home.

Related Reading: pneumonia | flu | asthma

Comment from: vlansell, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 23

I was given this medication after hernia surgery. I had some fluid around the mesh. Within 36 hours I had a rash all over my body which I was then diagnosed with Steven's Jojnson Syndrome (skin fell off entire body). Along with that my kidneys shut down. Just before they were to put me on dialisys my kidneys began to improve. 6 weeks later I am still in the hospital waiting for skins issues to heal. Be careful with all medications please!

Related Reading: hernia | rash