Zovirax Ointment User Reviews

Zovirax Ointment - User Reviews

Zovirax Ointment User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zovirax Ointment sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Katrina, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 28

This is a little miracle and if you have HSV I or II, you should always have zovirax on hand. It can ward off an outbreak if you apply it as sOOn as you feel the telltale tingling of an outbreak. And be sure to take the Valtrex, too, again as sOOn as you think you may be geting outbreak! It works most of the time for me to keep outbreaks away, or at the least, makes them less severe and heal up at least by 50% sooner. It's worth every penny and then some, at least to me. And get enough sleep; keep your stress levels low as u can. This helps, too.

Related Reading: zovirax | Valtrex | sleep

Published: November 29

I couldn't believe how fast this cream works! It is definitely worth the money. Don't waste your time on over the counter medicines. After trying this, I'm hooked.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 03

Since Herpes is a virus, otc rememdies aren't going to work since antiviral otc drugs are either uncommon or completely non-existant. If this was a bacterial infection, that would be a completely different situation. Acyclovir, the actual drug name for Zovirax, has worked well for me over at least 10-15 years. the sooner I apply it, the less the deep the cold sore penetrates and the faster the total outbreak is controlled and gone; as simple as that. Really bad outbreaks may take 2-3 days to be controlled, but once again, their depth is greatly reduced helping and quickening the whole healing process.

Comment from: ostamos, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 17

I get fever blisters from stress sunburn because of menstruation sometimes and mostly when I eat nuts and greek sesame seed honey candy. Some beleive that if your l-arginine level gets higher than L-lysine level that will make you break out. I beleive this asI broke after I ate walnuts or almonds, pistacios, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds. After I break out I would look on this Herpes Nutrition website and the item would show high l-arginine. I get fever blisters all over my lips not usually at the same time. The ones I have used the ointment on are the right and left bow of my lips. Not only does the ointment help with the healing time. I also notice that future breakouts at the bow of my lips is a lot milder than the ones that didn't come out as often and have not treated as often and repeatedly as these. Daily suppression with Valtrex works great for me if you can afford it.

Related Reading: fever | stress | sunburn

Comment from: HVinKC, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 12

I was shocked at how effective the drug was. I felt an outbreak coming on Wednesday and as soon as I got home I applied the Zovirax, and prayed! My outbreaks are usually two weeks, unsightly and extremely painful. Immediate relief, no pain, no redness. It's Friday, and gone! I'll never use over the counter again.

Comment from: Nicole, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 15

USE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU ARE SICK OF HIDING YOUR LIPS AND STAYING HOME TO AVIOD ALL CONTACT WITH OTHER PEOPLE DURING OUT BREAKS! I use this product as soon as I feel or see a little bump on my lips. Since the doctor has given this to me my cold cores have decreased drastically! If my lips are dry and cracking I rub some one to prevent a cold sore out break which usually works! Riding horses and living in Hawaii where there is usually always sun I make sure I ware a hat to protect my lips which helps also. Licking your lips I though was helpful to keep it from drying out but I found that was what was making it WORSE!! Don't do that! If you have cold sore I strongly strongly recommend this product you! Trust me it's been a life saver! Since using it I rarely get an out break, I went from having a cold sore once a month or at least once every two months in the past since using Zovirax from December of 2006 I can't remember the last real out break where it formed a sore and cracked! USE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU ARE SICK OF HIDING YOUR LIPS AND STAYING HOME TO AVIOD ALL CONTACT WITH OTHER PEOPLE!

Comment from: MGB, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 18

Fast and effective, this drug has shortened the healing time and lessened the pain. It absorbs quickly into the skin and appears to stay in place and won't easily rub off. It even has an acceptable taste! It is a little expensive, even with insurance, but worth it. On the down side, I have noticed a white, scaly patch over the area of treatment appearing within a week of healing and stubbornly lasting for 10 to 14 days. It is easily remedied, however, with any popular lip balm applied frequently.

Comment from: islander45, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 02

I used to get really horrible cold sores on my lips. When I started using Zovirax, it decreased the size of my cold sores dramatically and healed them within 4 days. After using Zovirax, my cold sores were barely even noticeable to the naked eye. It's most effective if you use it right when you feel a sore coming on. I will never go back to over the counter remedies.

Sex & Relationships

Get tips to boost your love life.