Zovirax Ointment User Reviews

Zovirax Ointment - User Reviews

Zovirax Ointment User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zovirax Ointment sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Published: February 17

Helped clear up cold sore faster than usual. Easy to use. Expensive.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 28

it made my cold sores worse and more painful

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 12

I got a fever blister from sitting out in the sun and wind for four days, the blisters hurt, burned and itched severely. As soon as I applied the ointment I could feel it working. The next morning the blisters had started to go away.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 28

It was prescribed for Shingles. The creme, along with the oral medication, did the trick.

Related Reading: Shingles

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 08

i have been getting cold sores for years and back last december i had a really bad one that also made me really sick. i started using this ointment and even though it took almost 3 weeks for it to go away i was cold sore free for almost 7 months till now i have another one. i started putting some on and even though this is another big one like back in december this ointment has help it is not has big and all u can really tell is that i have one is that my upper lip is swollen and red in the center other than that this really does help

Comment from: Layla, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 23

My boyfriend had a red painful sore on his nose and went to the DR because it was soemthing different than a pimple. He was prescribed Zovirax. He put the cream on and in less than two full days, the sore was already healed. Very effective and to the point!

Comment from: WorkorNot, 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: October 26

When I get Cold Sores I do as the Dr. Say and applies the drugs as soon as I feel it happening but the bump last the same amount of time!!!! So annoying!!!!

Comment from: abharrison, 3-6 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 19

My daughter has a condition called herpatic witlow.And this medicines has worked wounders for us as long as I apply it as soon as I see a sore coming the medicine stops it from spreading and clears it up in about three days.

Comment from: sbrOHio, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 18

Use on lips as needed to prevent outbreaks. Not a magic bullet, no matter how early I use it (at first sign of itching or tingling). I've tried everything, everything that is out there for cold sores. This works better than the best OTC stuff, but I wish it were more speedy with healing.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: Hemad, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 07

So I've been getting cold sores for years. This is the first time I decided to use something doctor prescribed. I decided to do this because within a 2 week period I had 3 that had came up. Nothing too outrageous and also not very noticeable. But then a 4th one came up and I said enough is enough. I got a script for it and instantly started taking it. As soon as the fourth one was almost clear I got attacked again. This time at FULL FORCE. I now have one that is covering at least half of my top lip.it even feels as if its trying to move to the inside of my lip. Not to mention a separate one in the corner. Let me mention this. I'M TAKING THE CREAM AND THE PILLS. This has been a record breaking occurrence and I wouldn't wish this on anybody. Now just maybe the drug is bring all of it out right now cause its a first time and its flushing it out. But according to other reviews and what I've read its not supposed to do that. Its easy to use but at this moment it is not effective and either something is tremendously wrong with me or this drug to have caused an outbreak this large. IBut as far as IM concerned this is not doing what I hoped it would. I'm not trying to purposefully down play it, IM just giving my experience. I originally requested valtrex but they gave me zovirax because it was cheaper.

Published: July 09

How may I contact the manufacturing company about the hard to use metal tube? Difficult to dispense when you have swollen joints,fingers and hands.Please advise.

Sex & Relationships

Get tips to boost your love life.