Zovirax User Reviews

Zovirax - User Reviews

Zovirax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zovirax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mscindy6583, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: October 11

My 6 yr. old son has ADHD & is taking Concerta. He was having trouble settling down for bedtime & not sleeping well. His pedictrician told us to try melatonin, starting with 3mg. He has been taking 6mg about 30 mins. before his bedtime & he is asleep with in 45 mins. It has really helped him rest & he is in a better mood when he gets up.

Related Reading: ADHD | Concerta

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 13

My son is almost 4 and has not been diagnosed at this time with ADHD but is suspected of having it. As a trial use we have used 3mg Maletonin to help him settle down at night for bed. We've been using it for about 4 months now and he takes a full pill about 30-40 minutes before bed and it works wonders. He slows down, sits for a bit to have a small healthy snack then he's ready for bed. It has created a GREAT bedtime routine for him and definitely helps him slow down his hyperness. He actually forms an attention span during his slow down time that he has a chance to relax. We have not noticed any side affects at this time with him and he takes it voluntarily by mouth. Great product and we find it for just under $4 at WalMart for a 60 count bottle, with no additives.

Comment from: jennycatears, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 04

I have major insomnia and am very skeptical about taking any medications but my insomnia became so severe I had to do something. I love Melatonin. It's not a miracle worker but very effective. Helps me fall asleep easily without making me feel overpowered or weak, instead it only relaxes me, let's me rest my mind from all thoughts running through my head which keep me up all night worrying and such, I am still able to function normally if for some reason I choose to not go to bed right away (basically it relaxes me and doesn't just knock me out). I do sometimes wake up during the night (or really early in the morning) but at most 1 or 2 times. Melatonin is a great alternative to habit forming, prescription sleep aides that can cause lapses in memory, knock you out and cause other crazy side effects.

Related Reading: insomnia | sleep

Comment from: suresuretaylor, 7-12 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 07

It helps me go to sleep and stay asleep. I don't have a diagnosed disorder but I would wake up at about 3am and stay awake for the rest of the day. And then repeat the expierence night after night. Pardon my language, but it sucked. Melatonin definetly helped though!

Comment from: bke, 35-44 (Patient) Published: July 23

I was taking Melatonin to help me fall asleep and it does work well however I experienced night sweats and started waking in the morning with a headache so I have discontinued regular use and only use it occasionally.

Related Reading: night sweats | headache

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 08

Have been taking Melatonin for 4 months. Helps tremendously. I hurt my neck and back and started having sleeping problems from the pain. I take 1/2 of a 3 mg pill. I fall asleep usually within an hour and can sleep anywhere from 7-9 hours. Only side effect I noticed for me is twice now I've had really bad night sweats. And I remember every single dream I have every night. But they are not bad dreams. It's kind of fun to remember them so vividly.

Comment from: tree121481, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 11

My 9 year old son has ADHD and takes concerta, for the longest time I could not get him to sleep at night and then he would give me trouble getting up for school I started to give him the melatonin and now he sleeps better than ever and wakes up in a good mood this is a great sleep aid

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 15

I have had trouble staying asleep for about 25 years. I have been taking Melatonin for almost ten years. I switched a couple years ago to the time release version because I was waking up after 5-6 hours. This is a God send for those that can't stay asleep and can't handle the Ambien hangover. I've been sleeping great since I started, but I know that stress, tension and anxiety people still have some issues.

Related Reading: Ambien | stress | anxiety

Sex & Relationships

Get tips to boost your love life.