Zovirax User Reviews

Zovirax - User Reviews

Zovirax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zovirax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: JMA, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 17

I was having trouble sleeping after a schedule change (sleeping days for 10 years to sleeping nights). I started taking a 1mg melatonin pill a half hour before bed and it has worked wonders! I get drowsy and sleep all night. The only side effect I've noticed is I get occassional night sweats, which I never really experienced before I started taking these pills.

Comment from: ar93cobra, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 22

I have had problems falling to sleep for years. I have taken RX - Ambien and Lunesta off and on for 3-4 years. While these brands work great for falling asleep, they are habit forming. In between prescription meds, I started taking Melatonin. It's not Ambien (Knocks me out in 10 min) but it does put me in a relaxing state and helps me fall asleep. I have absolutely no side effects in the morning. Due to its mild and subtle nature, I have decided to use it full time instead of just in between RX.

Related Reading: Lunesta

Comment from: Sleepless in LA, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 16

I have tried a number of other sleep aids, incl. Tylenol PM, etc., and Melatonin is far more effective. So much so that I tried decreasing the dosage by 50% and it still knocks me right out. Good stuff, but far more potent thsn I would ever have imagined. Use with care.

Related Reading: Tylenol

Comment from: kangaroosix, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 27

I'm using Melatonin for sleep.. I work late night 12 hours shift 3 days a week.. Gradually been unable to sleep more than 3 to 5 hours during the day. Tried Amien CR--seems to work but wanted to try something natural. While using the Melatonin I have been able to sleep longer than if i do not take anything ... and less after effect than if I take a prescribed pill!!!!

Comment from: shannonmamabear, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: January 25

My six year old has behavioral issues and would not sleep. Her psyciatrist recommended 3mg melatonin a 1/2 hour before bedtime. He recommended the NOW brand which is sold at our local whole foods co0op. It's under $4 for 60. I buy the powdered capsuls and slip it into her food. Any hot food, soup, or on cinnamon sugar toast. I don't do drinks because she can taste it. Anyways it has been a God send. I finally know what quiet adult time is at night. I read to her a bit and soon she is asleep. Melatonin as mentioned does not keep her asleep all night (which isn't a problem for us). There is no drowsiness in the morning, in fact she is much less cranky and refreshed. I can't say how thankful for this product I am! By the way the NOW brand does not have the additives others do, which is why Dr recommended. Hope this help someone else!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 29

I have MS and am on predasone often. My doctor tryed many scripts that did not work. Finally he said take melatonin,wise man. Works better than anything I have ever tryed.

Comment from: Doryce, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 12

Restless sleep no more, all night sleep now

Published: November 24

I have tried tylenol pm and other over the counter sleep aides but melatonin has been working the best, I now go to sleep and stay asleep until it is time to get up

Comment from: Marie, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 15

Tried many meds both RX and OTC. This one is working better than I ever thought. Have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep but much better now. Getting 8 hrs sleep nearly night now. Thx

Comment from: justme, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 15

I find this medication helps me to fall asleep relatively quickly but lasts no more than 3 hrs or so. I find myself taking an additional 3mg half way through the night in order to sleep a full 8 hrs. No side effects or excess daytime drowsiness experienced...not as effective as RX but good enough for me!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 08

I have had trouble sleeping my whole life. I have taken all RX's medication and many OTC meds as well. This was my last hope per say. This is the only medication that works! $4 for a 2 month supply is a bargan!

Sex & Relationships

Get tips to boost your love life.