Zovirax User Reviews

Zovirax - User Reviews

Zovirax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zovirax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: amber83, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 24

I have only been taking melatonin off and on for three weeks now. It really does help in falling asleep and waking up refreshed. A few times I have woken up with night sweats. I have experienced a side effect much greater than that, Nightmares. Not the normal ones. Waking up in the morning grinding my teeth so hard my jaw is sore, Horrible dreams. I could not remember them until half my day went by, then bits and peices of the dream came back. Several other co-workers of mine have shared similar stories. Mind you, I only took a 1mg tab. I have stoped taking this everyday and now take it every so often, and a 1/2 mg tab now.

Related Reading: Nightmares

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 05

I have trouble sleeping at night and melatonin not only helps me to fall asleep faster, but I now sleep a full 8-9 hours without waking multiple times during the night.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 17

This is by far the best medicine i hve ever taken for sleep

Comment from: janis6263, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 05

I was waking up each night after 3 hours of sleep. A friend suggested taking melatonin. It took about a week before it began working well but now I get 7 hours of restful sleep. Occasionally, I will wake with a slight headache but it always passes within a half hour. GREAT stuff and inexpensive!!

Comment from: SALLY, 55-64 (Patient) Published: October 25

Affilicted with severe cold sores since childhood, tried everything in the early years, about 20 years ago begged Dr. for prescription of Zovirax which had been approved for genetal herpes (not cold sores). Worked. Have taken 400 mg daily since that time. Take one tablet at night, never any problems, once in a while even on that dose I may have symptoms, and I up the dose to 3 tabs of 400 mg. Stops it in its tracks. Generic does NOT work for me. It is expensive even on my insurance, my cost is about $1 a day. Well worth it. What many do not realize is that cold sores aren't just ugly, they are painful and an active virus, causing fever and general overall feeling of fatigue. Herpes Simplex is a devious thing and as I understand it, over 90% of the world's population have it, but only a certain percentage of those are genetically inclined to suffer repeatedly. Lucky me. If you suffer from this and your Dr. balks at a daily regiman, he/she may "behind the times" in what they know about this drug and its effectiveness in many areas. I belive I will have to take this for life, when I stop, the cold sores come back within a week or so. Strong virus, and I do not have a "compromised immune system" from any other problem. I am a strong, healthy woman with "fever blisters," I do have many allergies and those probably lower my immune system to allow this virus to act up. Yes, I did have a bad case of chickenpox when a child -- where most of over 60 picked this up. If you have repeated episodes of herpes (cold sores) you do NOT need to suffer from this. This drug works.

Related Reading: Zovirax | fever | fatigue

Published: April 01

started taking because of anxiety and difficulty falling sleep, worked marvelous the first few nights then it seems like i need to take another in the middle of the night and i believe its making me irritable more than usual.

Sex & Relationships

Get tips to boost your love life.