Zyban User Reviews

Zyban - User Reviews

Zyban User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zyban sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 05

I have tried to quit smoking many, many times. I was finally successful while using Zyban. Not only were my cravings much milder and easier to handle, by I did not substitute with food. Very beneficial for me.

Related Reading: smoking | Zyban

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 06

I took zyban 9 yrs ago and after 2 weeks I quit smoking and I have never had the desire to smoke again! The only side effect I remember having is very weird dreams and some night mares, so I quit taking it, but it served it;s purpose.

Comment from: 25-34 (Patient) Published: July 03

I have tried to quit 5 times and tried every product and medication. I wish I had tried this first. Side-effects are minimal compared to other treatments. I did not follow any specific quit date philosophy. After two weeks I gradually just did not want to smoke anymore. No other treatment has worked in this way.

Comment from: wairoa, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 31

I am 66 and have smoked since I was 17. I was smoking 25 a day. I have in the past tried to stop by going cold turkey,& by hypnosis,with no success, -hideous withdrawal symptoms, and huge weight gain despite careful diet.I asked my Dr for a meatabolism booster and appetite suppressant to assist my next attemot to quit. She laughed!!. Then told me about Zyban. I took it for a week then stopped smoking-just like that I became a nonsmoker. It's been a month now and I have no cravings whatever. The only side effects have been slight morning nausea-dealt with by eating something, and a tendency to sweat more than usual on exertion. My weight is staying constant. I would describe this as a wonder drug. I can even be around smokers with no desire to join them- actually they look a bit weird to me!!!.

Comment from: angie, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 28

i took it for ashort tome and i have not had a ciggerette in over 2 years now

Comment from: ericsbbygirl, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 18

I have tried to quit smoking a million times i would stop for a week or a month then start back since i have been taking zyban i havent had any problems not smoking. I dont have cravings i dont even want them i am around people that smoke and it doesnt bother me. I feel great and i would recommend this to anyone who is trying to quit smoking. and i would also like to add that i have bipolar disorder and my dr has decided to keep me on zyban with my regular medicine because it has also helped my mood swings and manic episodes

Related Reading: bipolar disorder

Comment from: foot5841, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 07

I had been smoking for 38 years and could not quit due to severe withdrawal symptoms, Was prescribed zyban and the nicotene patch. Been 2 months and I havent wanted to light up and have no withdrawal or cravings. Best thing I ever did I cant thank my DR enough for prescribing it to me.

Comment from: Sonicpossum, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 07

Aside from the headaches and occasional bad stomach cramps I am now finally smoke free after 14 years. Was a bit of discomfort worth it? YES! and knowing what i know i would do it again in a heartbeat. I am one of 9 friends who have done it, only 2 of us had any side effects ( mine and a bit of insomnia ) thats it. Nothing has ever been this easy, HIGHLY recommend it.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: Teresa, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 08

i am only on my third day of taking zyban and althoug i do feel a bit nauseous and a bit acidy it is actually stopping me from smoking already. Half of me is saying go on have a fag yet something is stopping me and when i finally give in a light up it tastes disgusting and i end up putting it out after a couple of puffs. if anyone has experienced the nausea, does it last and does it get worse when you up the treatment to twice daily as this is th only thing that would stop me from continuing with the treatment.

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 04

One of the side effects of this drug has been helpful: the odd taste in my mouth. When I had a cigarette it would leave an awful taste in my mouth. The second day after I quit I had some pretty strong cravings, but have not had any physical cravings since.

Smoking Cessation

Get tips, treatments, & motivation.