Zyban User Reviews

Zyban - User Reviews

Zyban User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zyban sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 10

In the second week I felt disconnected and anxious. I continued use despite feeling strange because it wasn't something I couldn't deal with and after another week or so I felt normal again. I had smoked one half a pack/day for almost 10 years and tried quitting 3 times prior unsuccessfully with the patch and going cold turkey. It was a struggle behaviorally but since the meds stopped my physical withdrawal symptoms and the urge to smoke I was finally able to overcome it. I quit smoking on July 13th, 2010 and I hardly ever think about smoking anymore. I was dedicated to quitting and zyban helped me do it.

Comment from: goodgirl, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 20

I'm on my 14th day of Zyban. Iwent from 30 cigerettes to 5 to 3. I think this is a miracle. I have smoked for 42 years. I have not hit my quit day yet.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 06

shortly after the first dose i noticed increased heart rate and uncomfortable anxiety-like feeling when i tried to rest. By the third day i wasn't sleeping and it felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest...pulse rate increased too. Last dose was on day 5, and day 6 went to my physician. I was miserable, and my BP was through the roof (175/110). She wanted me to go to ER, but i declined. You could not pay me to ever take this medicine again...just horrible...and just about did me in...

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: nonsmokinmomma, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 25

Started with 1 a day for 3 days then 2 a day for the next 2 months. My quit day was day 14. I quit 5 days ago and have done so well. I had a few withdraws but nothing major. I can even stand outside with neighbors smoking and not go crazy!

Comment from: PappaC, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 15

I had been smoking for 15 years and this is the first time I have tried to quit, the only pain is the constantly dry mouth, but this definitely suppresses the need for lighting up. I was on 1 tablet a day for a week while smoking normally, after the second week cut down from 15 a day to two with no hassles, this lasted for three days. I then had a few drags from friends and work colleagues for a day or two. Once I believed I had quit I had a few beers with some friends and felt no urge to light one up at all. My brother recommended it to me and I would recommend it to anyone seriously considering kicking the habit.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: david, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 12

i've been a smoker for 21 yrs and with zyban tablet it has helped me kick the habit to which i have been trying to kick for years, now i'm greatful for this drug

Comment from: Shannon1972, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 10

felt like i was having a heart attack

Related Reading: heart attack

Comment from: bkc, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 30

I smoked 1/2 pack ciggerettes per day for 25 years. took Zyban and quite with ease. That was 12 years ago

Comment from: JoZep, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 18

I smoked for 25 years, and gave up with Zyban. I did have side effects but they are most likely nicotine withdrawals, which are awful themselves. After two weeks I had no side effects. Zyban takes away agitation, stress and the depression associated with giving up smoking. Cravings are short, fleeting and nowhere as intense as doing it cold turkey. I've read a lot of negative reviews on Zyban and I suspect a lot of the side effects were actually the nicotine withdrawal itself, not Zyban, such as my own that were mild shaking, insomnia, spaced out sometimes, teeth grinding in the first week, easing into the second, back to normal third week on. My only side effect now is waking with dry mouth. I wanted to share my success story as I've tried to quit using other methods and couldn't handle the cravings. I have been smoke free for the two months I have been on Zyban.

Related Reading: nicotine | stress | depression

Smoking Cessation

Get tips, treatments, & motivation.