Zyflo CR User Reviews

Zyflo CR - User Reviews

Zyflo CR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zyflo CR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 15

I have Sampters Triad and am taking this drug because I have chronic nasal polyps with asprin sensitivity and slight asthma. this drug is the only thing that keeps my sinuses from swelling and blocking my air passage! However, I do have concerns that I have to take 4 pills a day and be on this the rest of my life.... I'm trying to find out if there are any long term effects. Please let me know if there are things I need to be on the look out for!

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: Bill, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 27

Singulair did not help my chronic urticaria (hives and rash...terrible itching). My doctor recommended I try Zyflo and it worked within hours. Must be taken b.i.d., and can be hard on the liver. Also, very expensive, even though it isn't a new drug. But it has increased my quality of life greatly, and basically eliminated my need for periodic steroids when things got too bad.

Related Reading: Singulair | hives | rash

Comment from: aenb, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 12

I have been taking Zyflo CR along with Fexofenadine for my chronic urticaria for about 6 months now. I am now mostly free of the terrible hives -- so every so often, I try to skip a dose to see if I still need it. Yup! Next day, I have hives on my face. tsk tsk. Looks like I'll have to stay on this medication forever?

Related Reading: Zyflo CR

Comment from: rxandy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 09

allergic symptoms such as mucous thickening in ear canals and sinuses seem to be improving with less eye irritation

Comment from: Yanomi, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 30

I have been on this drug since January 2012. After multiple failures with medications, I am finally free of attacks that have nearly killed me. I have been diagnosed with allergic asthma and severe allergies to things I cannot control like trees, dust, flowers, etc. I am also worried about the long term affects as I too will be on this for the rest of my life.

Comment from: cli, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 14

I have severe, persistent allergic asthma and have been on prednisone daily for 1 year along with 3 inhalers and Xolair treatments every 2 weeks. I was given Zyflo with the hope that I could reduce or eliminate the amount of prednisone that I take. So far, I feel it has helped my breathing but don't know if I can reduce prednisone. Initial side effects were awful, especially nausea. Now I just feel tired and drowsy most of the time and have some difficulty sleeping. However, if it helps control my asthma, I will tolerate the side effects.

Related Reading: Xolair | Zyflo

Comment from: Ken, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 27

Used in the treatment of aspirin desensitization, AERD. Am tapering off this drug while continuing the aspirin desensitization protocol of 2 325mg tablets bid. So far no reaction to continuing to take the aspirin.

Related Reading: aspirin

Comment from: chipp, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 22

My mother is 70 years old and this medicine has helped her a lot

Comment from: BAFROG, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 27

I have COPD was on singulair when my Dr. changed me to Zyflo Cr. Six months later I started having breathing problem and switched back to singulair. After three months I was almost back to normal when he switched me back to Zyflo and I immediately started having trouble breathing and asthma attacks. Feel bloated and tired, runney nose. This drug does not work for everyone.

Comment from: Gittik30, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 14

Hello, I have COPD from second smoke, Oxygen 24/7, and my doctor thought that there must be an asyma connection to my diesese when blowin hay for hydroseeding caused me to spend 2.5 hours in the shower. Don't know if this was an asmtha attack, but the Zyflor CR in fact improved my breathing. Remember to take into account the steam helps the lungs, and the heat has a soothing effect to a tenses body.