Zyflo User Reviews

Zyflo - User Reviews

Zyflo User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zyflo sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: OldManDave, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 13

PLease ignore my efficacy ratings - I am merely on day 2, but I am feeling pretty lousy: nausea, sweats, intermittently clammy and just generally feeling crappy. I want to know if others have had a similar experience and if they have, typically how long does these side effects last? My asthma has decompensated to the point that I am oral & inhaled steroid dependent = miserable. I am pinning substantial hope on this abyssmally expensive med - >$300/mon AFTER my insurance pays almost $400!!! (at least that is what my pharmacist told me)

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: Debbie, 45-54 (Patient) Published: October 16

I have been able to breathe a lot easier since I started taking this medication.

Published: October 04

Now that Zyflo CR is out, it should be much easier to use, but I initially had some trouble taking the medication on a regular basis and had side-effects as a result.

Related Reading: Zyflo CR

Comment from: lbhenry1@earthlink.net, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 13

since I am on Soc. Sec. Disabilaty and receive barely $1100/mo., I was astonished when even with med. insurance, my pharmacy raised it $22. Why can't you have a generic? Linda

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 16

My allergist switched me from Singulair to this drug and it works so much better. I can breathe and no more sinus headaches.

Related Reading: Singulair

Comment from: Narat, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 27

I switched from Singulair to Zyflo about a year ago, and I believe the medication is more effective than Singulair. The main problem is that it is hard to take -- I have to take one horse-sized pill every six hours. I often forget to take it, or simply sleep through a dose. The medication is also expensive.

Related Reading: Zyflo | sleep

Published: October 21

This medication is horribly expensive! $200 for 30 days!

Comment from: Caremme, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 03

My pulmonologist switched me from Singular to this medication and it works much better for me. It is slightly cumbersome to remember to take four times a day.

Comment from: Jason, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 01

I take Zyflo for chronic sinusitis caused by adult onset allergies --my allergist calls it triad asthma (asthma, nasal polyps, and allergy to NSAIDs). I had three surgeries on my sinuses in 5 years before I found this doctor. He told me he treats this kind of sinusitis as "upper respiratory asthma," and recommended Zyflo. Zyflo isn't "approved" for this treatment, but since chronic sinusitis-ers usually have asthma too. . . It works great. I went from not being able to pass any air through my sinuses to 80-90% clear. No surgeries or polyp growth in 7 years. And my insurance covers it. Tell your doctor that you've tried singulair before and it gave you a skin rash. Your doctor can then get prior authorization because you can't take the cheaper med. Still, I can't wait until the patent runs out and it goes generic. Easy breathing, everyone!

Related Reading: allergy | NSAIDs | rash

Comment from: grambo, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 20

Raises my pulse rate to way above normal.