Zymar User Reviews

Zymar - User Reviews

Zymar User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zymar sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: citizen, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 28

After suffering severe adverse reactions (immediate and delayed) to zymar ophtalmic which had been prescribed by the opthamologist as a pre-cataract surgery prophylactic use, I learned much later through the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) that Zymar was contraindicated for women of my age with specific prior conditions. This gatifloxicin product caused several severe ruptures/tears in my shoulder, QT prolongation abnormalities, which adverse reactions led to 2 years physical therapy, and a surgery. My advice: be extremely cautious about getting all the facts about gatifloxacin before taking it. Advocate for yourself by asking specific questions and getting specific information about contraindications before taking this drug.

Related Reading: zymar

Comment from: marypilar@cox.net, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 27

Had ulcer of cornea. Very painful. Drops helped over 14 days.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 29

This medication was prescribed for an eye infection associated with contact lense use. The pain subsided within 24 hours and complete healing occured within the recommended course of treatment.

Comment from: mera, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 11

Zymar was prescribed to me for post op cataract surgery. After a few doses, I noticed my face to be red and breaking out in welt like hives or blemishes. I contacted my on call doctor who changed my medication to tobramycin which I used with no further problems. I found a reference for this type of allergic reaction on pdrhealth.com, but no where else. I have had no previous allergies to medications.

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: duke, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 13

price of medication Zymar cost 85 dollars is there something lass for cataracts remove

Related Reading: cataracts

Comment from: Zymar User, 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 06

My Zymar has been great I also had an ulcer of the cornea (caused by contact lenses), and this product cleared it up in just a couple of days. You probably shouldn't use it all the time, but occasionally when I get an eye infection (I have very sensitive eyes) a little drop and the redness clears up. I would definately recommend this to anyone.

Comment from: JG111767, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 16

CATARACT SURGERY, THIS TIME ON RIGHT EYE, FIRST TIME DEC 08, WORKED REALLY WELL, NO SIDE EFFECTS, MAYBE CUZ MY AGE 42, WHO KNOWS, BUT NO PROBLEMS HERE !

Comment from: Dianne, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 22

worked well - only problem most Dr's will not dispense w/refills - have to call in for pres every time I have condition

Published: June 11

Severe nausea

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 05

I was absolutely floored at the cost of this medication and also Nevanac; both over $75 each, my co-pay with insurance (BCBS)!

Related Reading: Nevanac

Comment from: Female Published: August 06

had a ulcer of cornea from contact lenses. very painful! worked in just 3 or 4 days

Comment from: Catherine, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 08

I got a bacateial infection from contaminated contact lense solution. This product worked within days and relieved the pain, swelling and redness.