Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis User Reviews

Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis - User Reviews

Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: CMD, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 03

I have Schizo-Affective Disorder, basically Bipolar II with regular psychotic symptoms. I was on 10mg Zyprexa daily with Lithium Carbonate, Lamictal and Wellbutrin. I was moved to Zyprexa 2 years ago after Abilify stopped working and landed me in a mental ward. The Zyprexa controlled my psychotic symptoms very well. I still had occasional intrusive thoughts, but almost no hallucinations or irrational reactions. With the mood elevators I was on, I did not have the emotional problems that others talk about. I did experience some loss of higher intellectual function. This was shown clearly by decreased performance on standardized tests. The real problem was the weight gain. I had serious appetite control problems. I even ended 7.5 years of vegetarianism because I couldn't control my cravings for high-calorie foods. I gained 60 pounds in the first 7 months or so that I was on the drug. I wasn't exactly thin to begin with. With deliberate effort, I was able to stabilize at that point. In the last 6 months, with a lot of effort, I managed to lose just 9 pounds. Being fat caused me to develop sleep apnea, from which I may never recover. Between that and the Zyprexa, I was tired a lot. I couldn't get up early one morning a week to consistently make my psychotherapy appointments, causing me to stop them. My sleep MD, with consent from my psychiatrist, put me on Provigil, which helped a lot, but that was only a couple weeks before I stopped Zyprexa. I do suggest it, but I can't talk about it as a long term solution. I switched from Zyprexa to Geodon 18 days ago. I am not even close to sleepy. My mood has improved. I have taken firm control of my eating. I lost over 6 pounds the first 2 weeks I was off it, because I am now able to stick to a healthy, low-calorie diet. I even feel some of the intellectual function coming back. Zyprexa was effective, but living with the long term effects was just too much. It helped when I really needed control. I should have stopped sooner.

Related Reading: Wellbutrin | Abilify | sleep apnea

Published: July 17

I have taken 10mgs of zyprexa for ten years. It really changed my life profoundly for the better. I am very happy that I found zyprexa because I am able to live a fairly normal life. It is really effective. Weight issue are a problem but it can be controlled with diet and exercise. I will probably take it as long as it is available. My quality of life is immensely improved as a result of zyprexa.

Comment from: BW, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 06

I also take Lexapro for depression, which has worked great in the past. But during this trial, I was still depressed and ABSOLUTELY could not sleep. I dabbled with many sleep aids but many actually stimulated me or the side effects were too much, or would make me more depressed. I began by taking this to sleep and help with the depression. I took 5mg. I fell right to sleep and awoke 10 hours later. I woke up feeling quite refreshed. I was not tired the next day, and HAD NO DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY, which had effected every part of my life for months prior. It worked excellent with Lexapro for my mood, thought process and motivation. I felt amazing, but not drugged, very energized and content. But, I would not stop eating. I have always been able to keep plenty of food and snacks in the house, without temptation to over eat. However, this day was much different. I could not stop eating. I LITERALLY COULD NOT STOP EATING. No matter how full I was, I still COULD NOT STOP EATING. I swore every snack/meal was my last, yet before I knew it, I was eating again, still full. Yet I did not feel nausious like I always have in the past when I had over eaten. I could just eat, and eat and eat. At the end of the day, still snacking and eating, I tallied some of the things I had eatin, and realized I had well exceeded 5000 calories! Amazing, from a person that comfortably eats 2000-3000 calories a day. The next evening i took 2.5mg. But the day after was no different than the one before. I stopped taking it and it took 3-4 days for the habitual eating to start to go away. I took 5mg a week later, with the same gloriously amazing effects on my mood. But it had the same horrific effect on my eating consumption, which took another 3-4 days to begin wearing off. Being overweight is one of the most depressing, uncomfortable and unhealthy things in the world, so why would anyone take this for ANY REASON. DO NOT TAKE THIS. Its comparable to heroin feels great but isnt worth TheSideEffects.

Related Reading: Lexapro

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 21

This medicine is the only one--after trying a couple dozen--that takes the edge off in a mixed state. I am sleeping and I have a feeling of well being that I haven't had in several years. I did gain weight, but cut the dose in half and that seems to be working.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 06

I tried this drug regardless of how skeptical I was when my doctor suggested it. The first time I took it, it damn near put me in a coma! I was dazed and felt very slow for about 24 hours! I didn't pick it up again until last night, thinking if I took it at night, I wouldn't have that effect as I would be sleeping. Not only did I stay up all night dizzy and lightheaded, work is now nearly impossible as I am not only tired from not sleeping, but still in that haze. It's taken an energy drink and other sugar products to help me even write this article. I would not suggest it.

Related Reading: coma