Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis User Reviews

Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis - User Reviews

Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Grace, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 08

I actually had a psychotic break because of this med. The worst and most dangerous med I've ever been on.

Comment from: rowan, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 25

I took this drug for four years. Although it lessen the anxiety and panic attacks, the side-effects became intolerable. I slept sometimes as much as 14 hours a day at times and my appetite became something out of control. I was eating like a starving dog and I gained 75 pounds in less than a year, my blood pressure went up, and I was retaining water which caused me to have a bloated and shiny-skinned appearance. I have a photo from back then and I looked very un-well. But I kept on it because my doctor said there was nothing in that class of drugs which I hadn't been already on and had experienced unacceptable side-effects. Si I took it. Then late last year the panic attacks and all of the rest of the nightmare came crashing on top of me. I felt psychotic and terrified of what I might do to myself. I had to make an emergency appointment with my doctor and I was in hospital within the hour. I was weaned off the zyprexa and in hospital for nearly a month. I am finally beginning to lose the excess weight. I am on enirely different medication. Every medication is not the same for everyone, I know, but I don't recommend zyprexa.

Related Reading: anxiety | panic attacks | zyprexa

Comment from: pootnjunebug, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 20

I have been on the medication for a couple of mons now and have seen, and felt a good difference in my mood swings. I would recomend others to try it for atleast that lone before saying no, or trying another medication

Comment from: raynvirg@hotmail.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 23

What a truly pleasant surprise. I was given this drug to treat what my PC diagnosed as depression. Without even realizing it I had slowly but steadily been sliding deeper into depression. I began going to bed very early and sleeping until 11 am, stopped dressing and keeping up with my daily grooming. My family and I were suffering. I began using Zyprexa recently and those close to me that don't even know that I began a new medication have commented how much more "alive" I seem. I am in a better mood, laughing more, joking around, sleeping less and dressing up more. Up til now I have not experienced any hyperactivity, no weight gain, and no sedation. Knock on wood. I would recommend this to anyone who has tried other meds with little result. You may just be as surprised as I was.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: dkf, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 02

Zyprexa for me was the best medication for stabilizing my moods. It immediately calmed me down, helped me get my anxiety under control, and I finally could sleep for more than four hours. The reason for the high dissatisfaction is first, I was sleepy ALL THE TIME. I went from four hours sleep to 12 or more hours sleep, and even after all that I was still sleepy. I had a long commute to work, and there were several incidents where I almost crashed into the interstate divider. In addition to the sleepiness, I became a food hog. I ate, ate, ate and ate, and after all that still ate. I ballooned from 190 lbs to 250 lbs in less than a year. It is a good drug for bi-polar, and if it were a choice between bi-polar and a better life, and if Zyprexa was all that there was, I would go with it. Plus, these issue may not be typical for everyone. I no longer take the drug, and I have not for several years. I take Lamictal now, and I am back down to 190 lbs. I hope this review helps.

Related Reading: sleep | Lamictal

Comment from: bjr28, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 10

I took this drug for 8 - 9 months, but I switched to another anti-psychotic because of its side effects. Here is the deal with Zyprexa: Now, I am no psychiatrist (although I feel like one after experimenting with different medications for the past 18 months), but, after a great deal of research and personal experience, I can safely say that Zyprexa is the most efficacious anti-psychotic on the market. HOWEVER, you will gain a ton of weight (which could lead to diabetes and other related problems) if you are not careful. I am a former athlete, and I exercise for at least an hour every day, and I put on about 20 lbs. while taking this drug. From what I understand, most people put on much more than that! So, essentially, Zyprexa is the best drug for schizophrenia (even better than Haldol and the other first generation drugs); however, the side effects can be very serious. I advise carefully considering your diet/exercise routine before beginning to take this drug. Simply put, it is the most efficacious anti-psychotic out there...just be careful.

Related Reading: diabetes | schizophrenia | Haldol