Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis User Reviews

Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis - User Reviews

Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: gorgus2, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 06

Makes me wake up and in a good mood I feel like I am human again

Comment from: Anonymous, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 28

When I was very depressed, I couldn't sleep at night because my mind kept going and I would hear voices. This helped me sleep and helped the voices go away. The only thing, I gained weight, but, to me it was worth it.

Comment from: luckycharm, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 05

I'm on the 2.5mg, it has worked well for me Ive been on it for a week. I have noticed i want to eat more but have not gained any weight. I hope it stays tha way.So far so good.

Comment from: pb, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 03

this drug has caused me permanent problems. i now have tremors that don't go away. It made me paranoid and did not want to get out of my house. gained weight and became more depressesd. it is an awful drug. quit taking it and became normal expect for the tremors i get.

Related Reading: tremors

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 14

After trying just about every medication for Anxiety and Depression, Zyprexa helped almost immediately. I would have stayed on it long term, but within a short amount of time, I gained 30 lbs. I am very active and do cardio and weights daily but I was so hungry on this med, although I ate healthy, I still gained weight. I also experience a very weak tired feeling which only added to the weight gain. If you can deal with the weight, it is a great medication.

Comment from: Jerseyrose2, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 13

Let me just say this. If you are experiencing a major trauma in your life or a major manic episode that you just can't seem to deal with on your own, this is your medication! It works wonders! I've tried quite a number of meds for their tranquil effectiveness and none work like this one. BE WARNED, HOWEVER! YOUR WEIGHT GAIN WILL BE MASSIVE!!! The feeling is great, but the cravings are uncontrollable! I gained about 10 lbs.in 3 weeks. I recommend it only be used short term. And when I say short term, I mean only stay on it long enough to get over whatever it is you are currently experiencing. As soon as you feel better, you should ask your doctor about switching to another drug. Zyprexa has redeeming qualities due to its tranquilizing and dulling effect. You will be so "zoned out" (for lack of better words), you won't care about anything. This can work for you or against you; depending on how you look at it. This feeling of euphoria also validates my point about this medication being effective if you are going through a severe traumatic situation and you're prone to having manic episodes. All in all, I would recommend Zyprexa for short term use only. Discuss other options with your PDOC as you will gain 5 pounds just filling the prescription for this one!

Comment from: John, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 21

I take a small dose only as needed and only for as long as I need it (2.5mg to 5mg). I go through episodes where I get non-stop anxiety so bad that I can't sleep at all, one big adrenaline rush. This is the only medication I've used that's helped. I've been struggling for 13 years with this and after a half hour of taking the first dose I was able to lay back on the couch and just breath and relax. When I'd fall asleep is was really deep (which, made me groggy in the morning it was so deep... but that was far better than the alternative). I've read a lot of bad reviews on weight gain, so I made sure not to over-eat even if hungry on it (I didn't have any large hunger changes). However, I also only took it for 7 days at the most. Now, when I feel an episode come on, I take it for 1-2 nights and it's succesfully stopped me from having that episode go farther. I'm still nervous to use it because of what I've read, but my experience with it has been good with how I am using it (low dose, short periods).

Published: May 07

This is a scary drug. My mother has been on it for 5 years. About 3 years ago her doctor decided to take her off of it. This was unsuccessful and she ended up in the hospital where she stayed for weeks and they ended up giving her ECT treatments because they could not get her out of her psychotic behavior. She was put back on Zyprexa and will have to stay on it for the rest of her life. She has been stable since then but tying to come off of it is scary.

Comment from: denmarkroyal@yahoo.com, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 03

I like this medication alot, After I Switched to zyprexa zydis(The dissolvable magic pill!) Very convenient when Im working or out at an event!Also I have less side effects on this and am very happy with it!