Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis User Reviews

Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis - User Reviews

Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: butterful, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 19

My dad was taking this medication. He said, it only helped him sleep. He took it for 2 years. He recently died on Nov 2,2010. From a failed liver. His liver was normal 3/2010 and all of a suden his liver started to fail in 6/2010. He got really sick, he could not eat, got yellow jaundice, liver failure, always in pain. I believe this drug killed him. My advice to anyone is to stop taking this drug. And he also gained lots of weight and wanted to just give up on life. This medications is terrible!!!!!! He was only 46 years old.

Related Reading: liver | jaundice

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 21

Stayed on this medication for over a year. Gained over 100#, developed pre diabetes, increased lethargy. Once I went off of it, I lost 100# in about 4 months. Also, I ended up having a severe episoded of pancreatitis and had to have my gall bladder removed. I am even in a class action law suit because of the effects of this drug. If you are going to take it, be very aware of the risks you will be taking.

Related Reading: pancreatitis

Comment from: rsterrett, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 05

I've spent the last 3 years battling with depression brought on by my mothers long illness and death. 3 weeks on zyprexa and Im feeling like a new person. My creativity has come back and I also have been laughing. My family has also commented on my moods.

Comment from: lafa1963, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 09

started meds last week and i was able to organize and clean out my office/closet whichthe thought of doing has loomed over me for months.also read a chapter of a book which i have been unable to concentrate or focus to read n the past.had weight gain with seroquel,dr. stopped, so i hope i have no further wt gain. told my husband to make me go walking w/him. i would suggst communicating with family about condition so they can help w/ exercise/overeating/stress. my husband has been great,i also put pressure on my self to b the same person i was b4 bipolar hit my life,but he reminds me consantly that this is who i am now n dont put pressure on myself to read books, knit,crochet,needlepoint,and crafts,things i used to love to do and dont do now.it is a shuffling of drugs to find what will work,so far this week i feel better-on effexor and zyprexa. quit smoking which i started when depression hit. still take oxycodone for back pain n i like the way it makes me feel less anxious.(xanax makes me tired)thanks for all the comments, it helps me know im not crazy or alone

Related Reading: seroquel | stress | effexor

Comment from: AllisonJune, 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 22

The longer I was on Zyprexa, and the higher the dosage, the more weight I gained and the more I slept. I gained 50 pounds in 5 and a half years before I was finally taken off of it. I've been completely off of it for less than 2 weeks, and I've already lost at least 10 pounds. I didn't mind sleeping all the time. I kinda liked it, but I knew that 12 to 18 hours a night wasn't normal. Zyprexa kinda deadened my emotions, but I didn't mind. The numbness was better than the pain. It really did help me, but I couldn't keep gaining weight. I am 5 foot 3 inches and weighed 160 pounds, compared to 110 or less when I started. It really put stress on my body.