Zyrtec-D User Reviews

Zyrtec-D - User Reviews

Zyrtec-D User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zyrtec-D sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: grumpygirl1967, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 24

Did anyone know that the pseudoephedrine in zyrtec-d would show up as meth..I didnt until a random drug test needless to say I lost my job of 6years.The pharmacy and drug and poison told my boss,the union and myself that it was the zyrtec-d that made me test positive for meth.but I got fired anyway.I havent taken it since(3years)and have been miserable.It worked so well for me,but also caused me to loose my carreer.And due to everyone drug testing I am afraid to take it.Has anyone else been thru this.Zyrtec-d is the only drug I found that helped with no side effects.

Related Reading: zyrtec-d | zyrtec

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 22

Had alot of dizziness after using the product regularlly and trouble sleeping. Had so much dizziness it caused me to be nausiated. Thought I had an inner ear infection until I read this page. The benefits are great but side effect almost worse??

Related Reading: dizziness | ear infection

Comment from: kjk11861, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 23

I seem to be experiencing a side effect not listed; nightmares! I've always had vivid dreams but since I started Zyrtec things have gotten freaky.

Related Reading: nightmares

Comment from: deek, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 19

I was prescribed Zyrtec for my seasonal allergies. I took it as needed- it worked okay but after time I started developing hives. Went back to my doctor for the hives, thinking i was allergic to something else (detergent, chemicals at work etc..) so I was prescribed a larger doseage of zyrtec. The hives cleared up and then would come back 12 hours later with a vengance. I had hives all up and down my arms and the most excruciating (and largest ones) on my feet. It was as if I had walked through an acid bath. This went on for years until I fianlly kept a journal of everything I put in my system and every thing I basically touched for two weeks, noting when the hives appeared. It was always 8-15 hours after I took zyrtec. On days I didn't take it, I didn't get hives. I have finally gone to an allergy specialist and found out that I am allergic to some ingredient in antihistimines. Go figure, the cure for hives also gives me them. Zytrec was effective on my nasal and headache issues but gave me evil hives! I will never take it again!

Related Reading: hives | allergy | headache

Comment from: Trouble Sleeping, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 05

Just tried the Zyrtec-D, after using Zyrtec for 10 years. This product definitely worked to manage my allergy symptoms and chronic cough better than plain Zyrtec, but definitely with a side effect-- difficulty sleeping at night- just a few hours a night, unless I use sleeping aid. Drawback definitely outweigh benefit- I can function ok with some congestion--not so without sleep. Going back to plain Zyrtec, which works great for my allergies-- can add daytime decongestent as needed.

Related Reading: cough | sleep

Comment from: BluEyeLdy86, 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 02

I have to use Zyrtec-D on a daily basis due to chronic allergy conditions. Let me just say I am so mad that it is OTC because now I have to pay $25 for 24 pills when I was paying $20 for 60 pills. Something about that just does not add up. Honestly, I do not take this medicine as needed or temporarily, I take it because I HAVE to. I love Zyrtec-D since I have had allergy issues my entire life. THIS is the one that works! I pay a lot of money for health insurance every month, and when medicine after medicine gets placed OTC it makes people wonder why even have health insurance. I mean really, what IS the point? Someone help me understand...

Published: October 09

Suffer sinusitis. Drug works great!

Comment from: tdrnZyrtec-D, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 09

Zyrtec-d helped me breath and clear my ear. I had severe sinucitis. The side effecs weren't too bad. I had drowsiness and a touch of dizziness with very little tightening of the chest. The tightness was only on the first night. I think this med is good to take for any sinus problems or allergies.