Zyrtec-D User Reviews

Zyrtec-D - User Reviews

Zyrtec-D User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Zyrtec-D sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: yannazma, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 12

I've been taking Zyrtec for Chronic Sinusitis for 1year.In my most severe cases of sinus inflamation,it only took 15 minutes to relieve my symptoms.I am most grateful for Zyrtec-D.

Published: November 02

This medication is terrible for me! Sure, it dried up my sinus drainage, but has kept me up all night..shaking and unable to sleep. YUCK!

Published: September 04

Before I began taking Zyrtec-D I had a stuffy nose, post-nasal drip, and horrible sinus cavity and eustachian tube congestion. After taking Zyrtec-D all my allergies went away so I'd say the medicine worked like a champ. Unfortunately Zyrtec-D also worked like a champ at preventing me from sleeping for an entire year. It got so bad I was only getting 2 or 3 hours of sleep a night and some nights I wouldn't sleep at all so I had to quit. My allergies are back but I couldn't live without sleep.

Comment from: patient, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 23

While it relieve my seasonal allergy symptoms (and I did not take it every day), I also experienced dry mouth, and extreme drowsiness. In addition, I also like another user started to notice blood in my urine. The first time it was minor the following time it was as described "hematuria". I had to go the doctor to have it checked out but it seems that it only appears after I take Zyrtec-D -- look for other alternative to this drug if those are the side effects.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: Deb, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 22

Using this medication has changed my quality of life. I suffer from severe headaches almost daily from congestion. Taking 1 to 2 tablets a day keeps my head clear and my pain gone.

Comment from: graphoto, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 05

I took this for allergies including sneezing, itchy/watery eyes, runny nose and sometimes wheezing. At first it seemed to work miracles - it dried me right up, stopped the sneezing and did not make me tired. But the next day was horrible, not only did I feel I had no sleep, but my throat was very sore, my nose was stuffy, I had a headache and my ears were popped. It was almost like it overworked. Months later I decided to give it another shot, this time only taking half a pill. Same thing, the next day worse off then when I had allergies - never again.

Comment from: George H, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 07

After a long bout with pneumonia and bronchitis I continued to have a chronic cough, bronchitis symptoms, and post-nasal drip. The coughing was violent and lead to a broken rib. This medication cleared the symptoms overnight. The side effects for me are sleep problems, dry skin, constipation on occasion, and weight loss. The ability to breath especially when laying down and during the night far outweighs the side effects. I am hoping this is not a life long treatment.

Related Reading: pneumonia | dry skin | constipation

Comment from: just miss, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 22

I absolutely love Zyrtec D! I was hooked to nasal spray due to severe nasal allergies having me stopped up and congested all the time. I just wish it wasn't over the counter now as my insurance covered most of the cost before but now I have to pay in full out of pocket and it's not cheap! I've never had a bad reaction to the medication and I've been on it for 2 yrs now! It works for ALL seasons of allergies! :)

Comment from: stehrman6384, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 24

I have been taking zyrtec-d for about a week for my allergies. It seems to have helped with my nasal allergies but now i have a nagging cough and itching throat.

Related Reading: itching

Published: April 04

I loved Zyrtec and am also sorry that it is now over the counter. I have switched to "Xyzal", but took Zyrtec for a couple of years. Would rather take it at this point as I have side effects with the new drug

Related Reading: Xyzal